Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Balistic Addon Studios presents the M/AH-6 Littlebird-RELEASED!!!  (Read 22183 times)

Navy Captain

How do u beat the demo mission? Every time my squads little bird pilot and co-pilot get shot up and then the blackhawk comes and flys around for a little bit and stays in 1 spot instead of taking me to the start point. And every time the hostages Little Bird just stays on the ground for awhile, While its pilot and co-pilot are shot up. Any solution Nagul?

Duff

i run 1.85 and have never put anything in my RES/addon folder. the only thing that's in my RES/addon folder is the PBOs that the game originaly put there.  i always put stuff in my normal addon folder. i've never had and addon act up. my addon folder is 708MB big with no problems.

P.S.  i'm still curious about awnsers to my 2 questions on page 4, when you have time, of course. after all, my stuff works, so my thirst is quenched.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2002, 02:17:26 by Duff »

Chomps

Any one see that new .rtm addon with the jeep with a custom cargo animation?

I am guessing once the tools are released, we can expect to see some nicely modified littlebirds.  Just imagine seeing the troops sit on the planks with their guns ready, not to mention what can be done with the co-pilot for the littlebird armed with MP5.

Would I be wrong to expect this?  ;D

maldon

Ugh. I have 1.46 and it doesnt work. And is it true that the demo mission is Resistance only? If it is then that would suck. Its not clearly marked Resistance. Been waiting for this thing for two weeks. Hope you guys get the fix out soon. But elsewise good job on the mh-6 its the first ive seen non-resistance.

Offline Arctic

• Members
  • In Utero
Ive d/led the 1.46/1.75 version. Problem is, the chopper is invisible and the choppers dont show up in the mission editor unit list! I had Drakken's MH-6 model in from his earlier thread. Should I delete this?

:help:

Chomps

maldon, the readme for the demo mission says it is for Resistance only.  I would say there is no simple fix, as the entire mission is set on Nogovo and is very reliant on buildings and terrain.

maldon

Dude i was talking about a fix for the CHOPPERS not the mission.

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
Problem with 1.46 version found.

Sorry about this all you 1.46 users. the problem with the 1.46 pbos has been found. Basically the pbo compiler I used to make the final pbo's is not compatiable with 1.46 :(

I used stuffpbo for testing which worked fine, but when I packed the finals I used makepbo to make the pbo's smaller. It seems files made with makepbo do not work with 1.46 (probably public knowledge already... I should really get out more).

The shortterm fix (until we upload the corrected files) is as follows:

Use pbodecrypter 1.5 to decompile the bas_lbs, bas_lbs146, bas_soar and bas_soar146 files.

Then use stuffpbo or pbotool to repack the folders into the same named pbos. Place these pbos into the ofp addon folder. The units should now appear in mission editor.

SelectThis

Black_Angel

Another question : Ive noticed when landing with the littlebird, when you pull the nose into the air to further slow your speed just before u touch down, the back end tail section will hit the ground, although it doesn't appear to show it that way, and the helicopters nose comes down. Will this be a future fix possibly? If you don't know what im talking about, try it for yourself. Fly at about 10-15 knts 2 feet off the ground, then pull back and put the nose into the air as your touching down and your tail section will hit the ground at a lower point from the bottom of the tail section than it shows. The only other time I saw this was on a huey model that was retextured from an original blackhawk (this was before o2 was out). The whole landing look and feel of this LB seems like it was made from another OFP model. I couldn't think of any reason why it would act and look this way on landings. Anyways, hope this can be fixed in a future upgrade to further add more realistic performance to the aircraft. Other than that, this LB is the best! GJ BAS team!

-BA
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2002, 03:14:30 by Black_Angel »

Mr.ThunderMakeR

How do u beat the demo mission? Every time my squads little bird pilot and co-pilot get shot up and then the blackhawk comes and flys around for a little bit and stays in 1 spot instead of taking me to the start point. And every time the hostages Little Bird just stays on the ground for awhile, While its pilot and co-pilot are shot up. Any solution Nagul?

That mission is so buggy I cant even begin to list the problems.  Its close to impossible to finish.  Id say out of 20 tries there was 1 try where there wasnt a mission halting bug such as the choppers landing in the wrong places, getting stuck on buildings, crashing into eachother etc. etc. etc, not to mention the horrible lag i get.  This is the laggiest mission ive ever played, and my system can run the Battlefields mission that BIS released fairly well.

The choppers though are excellent, just gonna have to make my own demo mission  :)

Ferret Fangs

OK two things:
.1) I've got it to work after following Monkey Lib Front's advice, ( Thanks!!! ) and,
.2) Everyone else who cant seem to find the LB's in the West/Air section of the editor... Stop Looking! It's not going to be there!!!
In the pulldown menu that allows you to select an air, armor, man type unit, you will ( You should if you put the files in the Res/addons folder, which DOES work, OMFG!!! ) find a new option: BAS Special Forces, or something to that effect. Select it and you will now be able to select the specific unit you want ( IE. the Littlebirds ) in the unit's pulldown menu.
Anyway, I hope that helps some of you monkeyspankers.
Simple right? Sheesh... Man I get so upset about stupid SHIZNIT sometimes...
Bravo Zulu to my mates at BAS for an ( as always ) excellent addon!

Now about that mission... Fargin' Beautiful!
I love everything about it- Except the part when my friggen ride invariably smacks into the side of the tall building in Maldron, you know- in the AO, er whatever.
I think I'm supposed to land on it... But in the intel briefing photo's the target building looks like a two story?
Is this bad intel, or just a lack thereof? Is my pilot on crack and trying to bugger his buddy in the front seat? Equiring minds ( Like mine ) want to know.

Tigershark

excellent work guys. the TOW works fine with my ver 1.85. and everything shows up in the editor. the minigun sound i'm gonna have to change out based on my own personal perference. i think i have something in my files that would fit it nicely. i attached the sound i'll be using (35 kb). 2 questions

1. i didn't know the miniguns had tracking ability, is this true? i thought they where a fixed mount.

2. when i'm the gunner in the mh-6 and point the mp5 at the ground to a 45 deg. angle or greater, the chopper takes damage. (this was done with the chopper not airborne) is there a way to fix this. i think it maybe an OFP engine flaw.

They are fixed mount...the pilots use a grease pencil on the canopy to aim. I was gonna mention this to ST but we ran outta time...next release.

Eviscerator

i dont think it matters whether you put it in ofp>addons or ofp>res>addons, the res addons is there to load all the new addons and for people that dont install any upgrades to install addons, as if you just go from 1.00 and install res and 1.85 you have no ofp>addons

Tigershark

That mission is so buggy I cant even begin to list the problems.  Its close to impossible to finish.  Id say out of 20 tries there was 1 try where there wasnt a mission halting bug such as the choppers landing in the wrong places, getting stuck on buildings, crashing into eachother etc. etc. etc, not to mention the horrible lag i get.  This is the laggiest mission ive ever played, and my system can run the Battlefields mission that BIS released fairly well.

The choppers though are excellent, just gonna have to make my own demo mission  :)

Thundermaker and others.....please bear in mind...mission making aint our thing.....Addons are.

Yes the mission needs some work...but it was just for people to hit the ground running for when the LB came out.

Nagual is a good mission maker but he was also under a lot of strain to get the mission working under trying circumstances (ever changing versions and features of the LB, etc.) so IT COULD use some more refinement.

The decision we faced was....delay the addon release to fully test the mission.....or release the addon.

I put it to you guys...for our next release (the MH-60L) what would you rather us do?

So Thunder....thanks for posting your opinion...but next time...please bear in mind we are not a mission house.

Having said that....Nagual and I will make sure the next addon missions are much simpler, less laggy and better tested.

Mr.ThunderMakeR

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh  :(

Like an idiot I spent about 3 hrs playing the mission thinking id find a way to beat it lol.  I know your specialty is addons and this one shows it  :)

Anyways, I think you should just wait to release the mission til its finished, but dont delay the release of the addon.  They dont really need to be released together, althought it is nice.  But if the mission is not finished and is gonna delay the addons release just release them separate.  Im sure we can all find something to do with these great addons til the missions are released  :)