Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Balistic Addon Studios presents the M/AH-6 Littlebird-RELEASED!!!  (Read 22175 times)

ofpeditor

In regards to the m134 minigun sound:

This weapon's sound is extremely hard to duplicate. No game that I know how has so far perfectly depicted the sound that the weapon makes. I mentioned the sound to Tigershark in the first beta I tested with the miniguns and I made comments that I hope helped get it to it's current state, which is closer to the actual sound. Most people expect this to sound like the personal chaingun you see in 'Predator' per se, but you have to realize that producers want an action movie to have incredible mind-blowing sound, where as weapon developers of a chain gun like this care not about how it sounds, but just that the people on the recieving end will never hear it again once it comes by. A lot of the sound depends on your position relative to the weapon. Facing the front of the bird, you'd hear a definitive staccato sound, which is so incredibly fast that it's nearly impossible to mentally separate the individual shots being fired as though you were in a .50 cal. At a distance, the staccato disappears into a continuous "hhhummmmmmmmmmmmmmuhhh" with a metallic whine.
The sound, for simpliscity, is much like sticking your ear right next to the beating wings of a dragonfly, with the volume much higher. Add in a "pphhhhhhhhhhhh" sound, and a metallic ring, and you're getting the idea. Hard to explain, hard to duplicate, I'd have to say our LB minigun sound is good to go.

Tiger - I'll email you with information regarding sound, as well.

cheers mates, any other questions, comments, criticisms, feel free to ask as always...

ofpeditor

Eviscerator

Your right guys, I have no idea what I am talking about.  I mean of course you guys know, you have seen movies, and MPEGs, and a big game like BHD cant possibly be wrong.  
  I mean who am I kidding I never rode in them, called CAS, and there brass has never fallen on top of my head during gun runs...I must have been dreaming.

Remington
RLTW

ballistics do have some contacts with people who have been close to M134's, ofpeditor works in ASAR and i think there are some other people only tigershark talks with, but the main problem is ofp's sound, it may sound really loud from outside/underneath but from behind/next to the guns this is as close as we could get it, we cant define sounds for when people switch to outside/far away, i cant find any links for a M134/GAU-2B atm, the best ive got is a vulcan to show how it wouldnt be 'that' loud http://www.valkyriearms.com/sounds/vulcan.au

also the people with the non appearing problem, are you sure you installed it right? and has anyone with 1.46/1.75 got this working?
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2002, 00:04:23 by Eviscerator »

Offline KevBaz

• Members
If you have 1.75 or UNDER you only supposed to put 2 of the pbos in the addon folder

i think its because in 1.85 it creates a new sub group thingy which cant be done under 1.85

Eviscerator

no, i think theres been a mistake made in the PBO's all 1.75 and under users will have to bear with us until STT can fix the problem :)

WeaselGX

Hey,

I'd like to try the demo mission for the LBs but where can I get sebremington from SebDeltaWeapons addon? I've looked around and could not find it....

thanks,

registered_fugitiv

man that mission is so cool even gots the music from BHD which was cool
theres one problum i do have with the mission tho the ai just stand there half the time even when they getin shot at
ur LBs are the best ones yet and no doubt ur black hawks will be to
realese them or u will die :gunman:

Nagual

If you cant find sebremington/sebdeltaweapons i just put it here:
http://216.169.106.21/yb3-33/flash/bas/SebDeltaWeapons.zip
It is from Seb Delta Force v2, and i think it comes with some pavehawk downloads.

The remington was not actually used in the mission, it is built into the pavehawks that are used for CSAR, so it is technically needed to avoid the chance of addon errors.

Offline KevBaz

• Members
Can i just say what a complete cock up this has been, as far as im concerned you should have never of rushed the release just because somone posted a download for the lb's, and you should have double checked everything worked hunky dorey b4 the official release ,not only can the ppl with 1.75 or lower not use them but the demo mission is missing a file aswell, come on guys you are all well respected guys but this isnt good, take your time to get it sorted ie no stupid doc and set folders with all the downloads including the mission and getting the 1.75 and lower working.

Kevbaz

robc

Ive got 1.85 and put the addons in Res/addons folder. However, when i come to load the mission it says cannot open addons bas_mh6 and bas_soar.
 ??? ??? ???

Chomps

The littlebirds are great, I cannot wait for the improved version.

Two small bugs with the demo mission:

In the intro, the Gunship Littlebird is halfway off the roof for some reason, and sometimes, it just falls over and explodes.

In the actual mission, the choppers transporting the other Delta teams crash sometimes.

Anyway, this may not have been the smoothest release, but then again, we are setting the bar pretty high here.  Also, there will be improved versions, so I am a happy duckling.

pang

wheeeee, those birds rock!
great job, BAS team! :thumbsup:

but there was one thing getting me mad:
whenever i flew pretty fast, descending at the same time, the nose of the chopper went straight down and crashed...
i couldnÂ't believe itÂ's a bug in your BAS addon, coz i experienced the same on the LB from drakkhen.
finally i tried a bit around: the original blackhawk worked fine, nothing would happen... then i did the same maneuver with the original oh58 and it was pretty close to the BAS- LB- crash.
i think thereÂ's gotta be kinda bug in 1.85 depending on the mass/ the weight of a chopper. :(

just wanted to let you guys know... if anyone experienced the same problem.
gonna write it in the official forum too, to let BIS know.

keep the nice work up, canÂ't wait to get more BAS stuff
-greetings pang
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2002, 01:43:49 by pang »

Ferret Fangs

I -REALLY- hate haviing to say this, because I never seem to have this problem with gettion an addon to run, but I'm unfortunately having the same problem... the addons are simply not there.
I extracted to my C:/Games/Operation Flashpoint/addons folder, located the folder-in-a-folder thing, and manually cut and pasted all four files ( 1.85 ) into the addons directory.
Started up OFP-Res; no Littlebirds?
'Kay... So maybe it should go in the "*"res/addons folder then... Run OFP-Res... and again no dice???
As I've said, I NEVER have problems getting addons to run, and I'm adding new ones everyday...
-sigh- Someone throw me a bone here... I'm clueless.

Soon2B 2nd LT

I have version 1.46 so I haven't been able to use the choppers or play the demo mission but in their defense I've attempted missions with precision chopper landings and it is very difficult.  The choppers never hit the same place twice so they're constantly missing their mark.  That leads to a lot of crashes and mid air collisions.

Please fix the v 1.46 little birds.

Monkey Lib Front

Can i just say what a complete cock up this has been, as far as im concerned you should have never of rushed the release just because somone posted a download for the lb's, and you should have double checked everything worked hunky dorey b4 the official release ,not only can the ppl with 1.75 or lower not use them but the demo mission is missing a file aswell, come on guys you are all well respected guys but this isnt good, take your time to get it sorted ie no stupid doc and set folders with all the downloads including the mission and getting the 1.75 and lower working.

Kevbaz

I found no problems apart from a disapearing act (Prolly to do with 1.85) but the release has been smoother than alot i have gone thru with addons/mods, what file is the demo mission missing? i got it to work 1st time, also i think they did not rush it cause someone posted a leaked version, it was that someone rleased it a little earlier than they where supposed to.

Monkey Lib Front

I -REALLY- hate haviing to say this, because I never seem to have this problem with gettion an addon to run, but I'm unfortunately having the same problem... the addons are simply not there.
I extracted to my C:/Games/Operation Flashpoint/addons folder, located the folder-in-a-folder thing, and manually cut and pasted all four files ( 1.85 ) into the addons directory.
Started up OFP-Res; no Littlebirds?
'Kay... So maybe it should go in the "*"res/addons folder then... Run OFP-Res... and again no dice???
As I've said, I NEVER have problems getting addons to run, and I'm adding new ones everyday...
-sigh- Someone throw me a bone here... I'm clueless.

It should go in your res addon folder and its under

west>bas