Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Balistic Addon Studios presents the M/AH-6 Littlebird-RELEASED!!!  (Read 22174 times)

Grenadier

Mission problem - Ran fine, got in and located the hostage, he ran out like a bat. I'm left running around wondering where the hell is this laser tag i'm supposed to drop and finally I see a lil bird on top of the building I just rescued the hostage from and both pilots are dead yet it hovers about a meter off the roof just spinning in cirles. ???

When the mission starts and I speed time up to reach the objective usually one or two lil birds crash.  :o

Finally, when I get there the lb usually lands by the two cars to the west. However if I call in CAS and tell them to diembark they land on top of the building closest to that position. Were we supposed to land there in the first place?  ???

Offline Garritos

• Members
  • life is like a box of donuts...
LMAO @ the silly childesh flame war

I just wanna say cheers to BAS.  these things were a long wait but worth every minute.  this add-on has really brought back the excitement in playing OFP.  I really hope you fellas keep releasing missions with your work  ;D  I downloaded the correct LB for my OFP version and read the readme, hence no instalation problems whatsoever.  If it were up to me I would only release them to support the current OFP version to aviod conflicts.  let the slackers of the community modify them for outdated versions of the game, BAS time is better spent working on the here and now.  

as for the mission, first off coming from a fellow mission maker i wanna say excellent work to nagul (spelling?).  the cutscenes are excellent and for such an ambitious mission it runs well.  as for the lag i wanna tell all of the complainers that you should always expect a little lag from a mission with this much going on in a confined space.  Some ppl need to tone down their detail settings or upgrade their systems.  it ran smoothly on my system and it is far from high end.  
also you need to improve the extraction part of the mission.  i wasnt sure what to do after i completed the mission so i called in the pavehawk.  it didnt wanna land, which was a little fustrating.  i tried the mission again, and this time one of my other operatives survived and i was able to get the pavehawk to land by telling my guys to board it.

now im off to dePBO it, im perticularly interested in how you did that excellent bridge scene.  

thank you BAS!!!
Lead Mission Designer
1982:Flashpoint in the Falklands
http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

PunkerSXDX

Hey I just Finished that Mission, Wow that Was Gnarly! it was kind of hard though the AI Choppers kept Trying to Kill each other by Crashing into each other, it's funny at first but then, well it gets Frustating!  ::) any who, that was Great I hope the DAPs have something just as Gnarly!

Ferret Fangs

!!!-Spoiler-!!!
Speaking of that opening bridge seen, what is the AH-6J spraying M-134 at? The gunner expends the entire 7.62 load, but doesnt' seem to be targeting the troops and vehicles on the bridge. Is the gunner shooting over the Russian's heads to keep them floored? Seems like the bird should wait for the convoy to pass, and then climb away. A couple gun passes would reduce them to slivers, since it seems as though they wanted them dead.
That poor bastard driving the UAZ obviously didn't rate the same courtesy, looks like he got a FFAR enema.    

Tigershark

@garritos

Thanks for the compliments.

In fact everyone...thanks for the feedback.

I have identified a list of 23 issues that ST and I will be working on. Some of these major (no shooting of platform passengers) to minor (command interface name of helo not showing correctly.)

We will work through these issues over the next couple of days.

And before you ask....no...I don't have an ETA on the fixed 1.46 version or the MH-60Ls  :)

UK_SKA_RULES

the intro works fine but during the mission it has an error and says i need this:

* TJP PAvehawk (Euro Camo) (TJP_Pavehawk.pbo)

where can I find it, sorry if its been answered but I havent got time to read all the pages

cheers

Ferret Fangs

You can download all of the TJP 'Hawks here:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/aircrafts

You of course want the TJP MH-60G Pavehawk (Euro Camo) for the mission, it's on page 6. Incidently, all of their Black Hawk variants are also on this site, though you may want to hold off on downloading them, as they will soon be replaced by much improved BAS models.
Ciao.

PunkerSXDX

I'm likein' the LBs as they are, (but I don't dig being shot right before hitting the Drop Zone) I like the Ability tohold Passagers in the AH6 is very nice touch of Realism, you guys should make a Medevac MH6 with a Backseat with a streacher in there, but that's just an Idea, very nice work as usual  ;)
« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2002, 02:22:09 by PunkerSXDX »

Chomps

Also on the BAS site, under information for the littlebird, it said there was a variation that could hold two motorbikes on the sides to quickly deploy them.

Here is what I am thinking:
Create the model of that aircraft with missile proxies on the arms which are in the shape of a motorbike, but when they fire, they just disappear.  Combine this with an in-mission script that creates a motorbike next to the chopper when a motorbike "missile" is fired.  I am not very sure about this, but I read it in the information page and we do have STT's fine motorbike addon.

Other silly requests: (if these variations do not exist or are not practical, never mind)
Littlebird with only FFAR pods and no FLIR.
Unarmed MH-6 without the seating planks on the side.

Ferret Fangs

:DI really like the motorcycle idea, something similar might be done for a ATB. ( all terrain bicycle )
Now that you mention it, a zodiak ( gotta love 'em!!! ) could be done from the MH-53, MH-47, and possably from a C-130. ( The new MC-130 from G8 looks really good! ) And because the vehicle appears from a script, you wouldn't even have to make a different model of the AC.

Eviscerator

You can download all of the TJP 'Hawks here:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/aircrafts

You of course want the TJP MH-60G Pavehawk (Euro Camo) for the mission, it's on page 6. Incidently, all of their Black Hawk variants are also on this site, though you may want to hold off on downloading them, as they will soon be replaced by much improved BAS models.
Ciao.

i think the brand new pavehawks will take a while AFAIK the AH-1W and UH-1N are the main projects after the MH-60L gets released next week

FivefiftysixNATO

So... did you guys find a way to fix the littlebirds for 1.46? I know you have to use the depbo thing and pack it back up, but I suck a technology and I'm too lazy to do it myself. Honestly, what's taking so long? No offense, but does it take that long to use stuffpbo and then publish the darn helo?! I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT! Please don't torture me like this!  :'(

SUPERSqwack

???

i have just downloaded the 1.46 version of the littlebird addon... (very excited still)

however i cannot get it to work...
i do have flashpoint 1.46, and i did download version 1.46 of the addon..
i moved the 4 .pbo files into the addons directory... but they do not show up when i try to add them in the editor in the game...
help please

conio

hi everybody

again about the littlebirds v.1.46 problems, the answers are in Balistic's homepage and also posted previously...

medic23

when do we expect the new 1.46 version?