Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Returning to OFPEC after a looong time  (Read 1384 times)

Offline HarvesteR

• Members
Returning to OFPEC after a looong time
« on: 23 Jan 2008, 14:10:38 »
Hello everyone,

this is my first post here after a very long time... actually i was surprised to find that this site was still up and running after so long...
this site was my main source of addons and scripting knowledge, in OFP's days... i can't remember my old username, though... i learned here how to script for the game and make missions...

i'm playing ArmA now, i downloaded the demo and didn't take me too long to buy the full version afterwards... it was also a great surprise for me to discover that OFP did in fact have a sequel (i was waiting on OFP2, and didn't expect the game to change names)

anyways, i'm back to OFPEC now, and ready to start creating addons... the good thing is, that after all these years, my old passion for creating stuff for games has turned into a career choice, and i now study game design in college... (and your mom said that video games were useless... :whistle: :cool2:)

ok, enough about me, i have a very basic question to ask... i was readinf tutorials on how to create addons for ArmA, and came across the BIStudio editing suite package... and i was wondering, since i didn't have the time to download and try it, if the 3D design tool that comes with it is the only way of creating models for the game, or am i free to use softwares like 3DS Max and then export it somehow...

anyways, just a conversation starter, i'm glad to be back here at OFPEC and i hope to be creating addons soon

Cheers

HarvesteR

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
Re: Returning to OFPEC after a looong time
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2008, 19:06:22 »
Hey HarvesteR and welcome back! :good: Glad to see old members returning.

To answer your question, yes you are free to use other programs. Modellers are converting ArmA models to Max and then back to O2. It is possible, and I think that is the preferred way to do it nowadays with the big boys.