Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Respwan Help  (Read 927 times)

Offline trooper543

• Members
Respwan Help
« on: 07 Dec 2007, 23:13:53 »
Hi there

I am looking for someone to exlpian to me step by step on how to create a respawn for enmy soldiers however with a slight twist in that i want the respawn to spawn specific units and then only stop once the player or west side has dominated the area

i have searched the forums and had a look at most of the respawn scripts and can just make out what the are trying to accomplish etc.

The respawn i want to create is for a single player mission and mainly it is to keep two groups spawning until the player complets his objectives etc

anyhelp would be most welcome

thanks in advance

Offline Surdus Priest

• Members
  • Only I can Forgive You!
Re: Respwan Help
« Reply #1 on: 08 Dec 2007, 03:10:36 »
well, i can tell you how to do that sort of territory control element, but i have never done respawning myself.  to do it you need to create a repeating trigger which detects the player,  only put a delay on the trigger, say about 20 seconds.  that way if the player leaves the trigger the count will end and will have to start over.  so when the trigger is finally activated, the respawning ends.
Campaigns are hard, I'll stick with scripting for now!

Offline trooper543

• Members
Re: Respwan Help
« Reply #2 on: 08 Dec 2007, 10:45:52 »
@ Sirdus Priest

Thanks for that mate, i am willing to try out your method, if you could please explain it step by step it would be most appreciated

once again thanks so much for the help, it is really appreciated