Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: DynamicLbyL.sqf (ACCEPTED)  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Surdus Priest

• Members
  • Only I can Forgive You!
DynamicLbyL.sqf (ACCEPTED)
« on: 06 Dec 2007, 15:17:22 »
This is one of my favorite scripts.  It is used in conjunction with Kronzy's Strings.

Adaptable.

Credit to Kronzy for KRON_Strings.sqf

What it does is displays hints one letter at a time, and adds a typewriter effect.

This was very difficult to do, because without krons script, it would not be dynamic, as it was used to forcibly split strings into a string per letter.  And this does not come without its consequences.  It causes a lag whenever it is used.  however, using globals and the init file, all these lags can be kept as a large spike at the beginning of a mission, which isn't too bad.

Normally when i create a script for the Mission Makers Unit, i don't upload it anywhere else.  However, because many of the scripts i make are going to be used in MMU productions, i thought this one was an exception for two reasons. 1, is involves the use of a third party script, and 2, i need the approval from more beta testers than MMU can supply in order to determine whether or not this script is suitable.

surdus

ps, there is no green help text in the string because this is not being submitted

DynamicLbyL
« Last Edit: 13 May 2008, 18:07:38 by Mandoble »
Campaigns are hard, I'll stick with scripting for now!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: DynamicLbyL.sqf (DO NOT SUBMIT)
« Reply #1 on: 06 Dec 2007, 19:00:19 »
I notice that the 'Team' display credits that ArmA displays on the Rahmadi intro scene builds each name one letter at a time.

Surely it is worth investigating how it was done and maybe copy BI's method?

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Surdus Priest

• Members
  • Only I can Forgive You!
Re: DynamicLbyL.sqf (READY)
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2008, 01:26:57 »
until the new string commands are released, this is the final version using the string manipulation hacks.
Campaigns are hard, I'll stick with scripting for now!

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: DynamicLbyL.sqf (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2008, 19:55:04 »
Kronzky has released a new version of his string functions that use the new (1.12) string commands.
urp!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: DynamicLbyL.sqf (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2008, 20:21:53 »
I suppose surdus will release a new version once 1.15 or whichever final and oficial patch is released by BIS.