Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Machine Gun Nest - SetPos Template (ACCEPTED)  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Ding

• Contributing Member
  • Jurassic Park
Machine Gun Nest - SetPos Template (ACCEPTED)
« on: 25 Dec 2007, 14:45:26 »
Created this for a mission I was planning on making and thought it would make a fairly nice template for any mission editors who wanted to have an MG posistion which has the impression of being entrenched, I've tested it so the a.i. when on the machinegun do fire out of it (there can be problems with objects being in the way sometimes). the height of the M2 and some of the walls may have to be changed depending on the ground elevation.

OFPEC Download
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2009, 17:57:17 by hoz »
"If I remain lost and die on a cross, atleast I wasn't born in a manger"

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Re: Machine Gun Nest - SetPos Template
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2007, 16:01:27 »
hey Ding,

I gave this a try, looks pretty cool, but one thing might need tweaking:  Apparently the AI cannot "see" the machine gun nest at all even under fire. I put a couple opposition squads in and the machine gunner massacred them all without a shot back in his direction. Tank couldn't "see" it either. Maybe an event handler "FIRED" that reveals the MG nest?

Lee

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2007, 18:32:01 »
did you do a setpos on the mg? as you set up the config of the compound ?!?! only thing i can think that might be wrong :dunno: the mg will stand in air,,,,, i do think!!!!  in arma.

schuler
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2007, 18:34:43 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline Ding

• Contributing Member
  • Jurassic Park
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2007, 18:47:28 »
hm I didn't have that problem, the ai seemed to just shoot the gunner, maybe the mg is to low in the ground as I think I lowered it a few inches after I tested it last time.
"If I remain lost and die on a cross, atleast I wasn't born in a manger"

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2007, 19:00:01 »
as staff ive just got arma .but ive tested setpos on roofs and buildings and seen mg set one meter above the roof,, , so i dont know ,,,, bugs yet  :dunno: ,,, funny ,,,, just playing around will get you somewhere
this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) +0.1] i dont know,  iam into ofp as staff,,,,, someone will come allong shortly and help ya mate  ;)  good thing to point out thought  :good:

edit
depending on the ground elevation.
i am not sure but most objects fall, "ground level then you can do a setpos on them,  some dont,,,, like you can place a pallet 1meter in the air , it stays there,,
Edit sorry the above is wrong for setpos , onless it is on some obj, this is the right setpos for one uint only
this setpos [(GetPos this select 0),(GetPos this select 1),+.0.2]
this well be above ground change the +0.2 to what you like,,, some times its testing over and over  :blink: watch is a bum pain :D
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2007, 19:31:03 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2007, 23:03:31 »
did anyone else have the problem i had?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2007, 23:44:11 »
I think the problem happens because the MG is, in fact, underground (-1m) and AI cannot see below ground level.