Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Realistic Healing and Bleeding (ACCEPTED)  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Surdus Priest

• Members
  • Only I can Forgive You!
Realistic Healing and Bleeding (ACCEPTED)
« on: 29 Oct 2007, 04:29:07 »
I have created a script which when the player is shot or injured, he/she will bleed to a certain extent.  Also, when you are healed by a field hospital or a medic, instead of recovering instantly, the player regenerates over time (anywhere within a minute).  The level of bleeding is dependent on the parameters.

Also I have included a Health gauge will full information about the players current health, bleeding rates and mortality status.  This uses the hint function, so you don't have to use it.  There is a parameter for whether or not you want the gauge to show at all.

Also I have included a med kit script as a separate entity.  It works very well with the healing and bleeding script, as it is designed to make life a bit easier when your dying of loss of blood, but you can also use it on it's own if you choose.

A full readme has been included, along with explanation of the various functions of the scripts and a detailed explanation of the mathematics behind the the healing and bleeding script.

See attached for download.

Surdus Priest
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2008, 11:46:48 by Loyalguard »
Campaigns are hard, I'll stick with scripting for now!

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Re: Realistic Healing and Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2007, 19:30:19 »
hi Surdus Priest, i'll take a look.  This is a subject always open to better innovation...

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2007, 19:40:58 »
how about a picture?
Xbox Rocks

Offline Surdus Priest

• Members
  • Only I can Forgive You!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2007, 00:53:21 »
when i say bleed, i mean lose health, so theres nothing i can really take a picture of
Campaigns are hard, I'll stick with scripting for now!

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #4 on: 03 Nov 2007, 13:55:31 »
hi Surdus,

I see there is a demo PBO file, but can you make a regular demo within the mission editor so people can play around with it?   Can you also leave out the music just for demo purposes?
see guidelines:  http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=28710.0 

I can see that you put a lot of work into this resource, but i think it would be better shared with the community with a simpler demo that doesn't require the player to do too much.  (not fair i know, the designer has to do a lot, the tester, next to nothing, but it works better that way...) Thanks...Lee

Offline Loyalguard

• Former Staff
Re: Realistic Healing and Bleeding (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #5 on: 03 Feb 2008, 11:47:57 »
This resources has been accepted and will be submitted to the Editors Depot shortly.