Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC ILS (ACCEPTED)  (Read 8040 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
OFPEC ILS (ACCEPTED)
« on: 04 Oct 2007, 00:10:38 »
OFPEC scripted Instrument Landing System for planes and helicopters.

Select any available airfield from the airfield selector and the ILS will guide you through the landing path until final touch-down.

YouTube clip

OFPEC ILS
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2009, 22:18:16 by hoz »

Re: OFPEC ILS (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #1 on: 04 Oct 2007, 15:17:01 »
Looks great!
Does it read the available airports from the config - so it's usable with any user island?

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2007, 15:30:29 »
Yes it will work on any island.
Xbox Rocks

Offline MattiusRochelle

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 04 Oct 2007, 16:20:39 »
is it usable in MP?  >:(  :D

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 04 Oct 2007, 16:35:19 »
Of course.

Everything is handled through an action menu added to the desired units (planes, choppers). So you only need to make sure that action is available for every player connected.

The easiest way to do that is just to add the action in the init field of each ILS capable vehicle (just like the one present in the demo mission):

Code: [Select]
this addAction ["Call ILS", "ofpec_ils\ofpec_open_airfieldselector.sqf"]
But if you are using dynamically spawned units, then you need to add the action in a different way:
Code: [Select]
// Your spawn unit code here
_spawnedunit SetVehicleInit "this addAction [""Call ILS"", ""ofpec_ils\ofpec_open_airfieldselector.sqf""]";
processInitCommands;
This has the same effect of adding code to the init field of a unit placed from the editor on the map.

Note that you might have, for example, pilot and co-pilot of a Su34 both with the ILS action enabled, so even the gunner might activate it and follow the final landing aproach (while he cannot drive the plane).

If needed, you may add the action only when a pilot-soldier type player is in th driver seat of a plane or chopper, all that is up to the mission designer.

Offline [seven]

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 04 Oct 2007, 17:07:09 »
Pretty sweet since there is no VOR in ARMA, only the PAPI.

How is the correct speed and altitude calculated for the glidepath of different vehicles?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 04 Oct 2007, 17:09:16 »
The landing speed is read from config of each vehicle, the glide path is also read from config of each airport.

Offline popcorn

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 13 Oct 2007, 01:57:39 »
Hey im trying to get OFPEC ILS to work with this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1378 respawn script.  It works at the start but when the aircraft respawns the OFPEC ILS doesnt load up.  Is it to possible to load the OFPEC ILS with a trigger then in the init line of the aircraft?

Something on the line of  this alive (name of aircraft) then this addAction ["Call ILS", "ofpec_ils\ofpec_open_airfieldselector.sqf"]  somewhere on the trigger is it possible?

or can i add something in the init of my mission to load it?

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2007, 03:03:18 »
In a post about three before yours, mandoble gives the answer to that.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline popcorn

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2007, 04:23:01 »
I put
// UH60MG
_spawnedunit SetVehicleInit "this addAction [""Call ILS"", ""ofpec_ils\ofpec_open_airfieldselector.sqf""]";
processInitCommands;

in the init.sqf and it didnt work, what am i doing wrong?  Sorry about this, help whould be much aprechiated.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2007, 09:19:10 »
That is not for the init.sqs, but for the spawn script, there where the vehicle is "created" again after destruction.

Offline rocko

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 13 Oct 2007, 17:41:14 »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 13 Oct 2007, 18:15:46 »
I see no reason why you can't use it part of an addon. Just be sure to credit OFPEC.
We have no plans at this time to make it as part of an addon.
Xbox Rocks

Offline popcorn

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 14 Oct 2007, 02:27:15 »
I still dont get how to get it to work without having it in the init of the aircraft.  Im half retarded  :clap: so... is there anyway i can load it with a trigger? Or put something in my init.sqf? sorry about this you most get this alot  :D

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 14 Oct 2007, 08:38:30 »
Note that all you need is to add an action for spawned vehicles, if this is your problem, then it is not a particuar issue related to OFPEC ILS but it should be a general question about MP spawning you should place in the MP forum.