Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Dissecting your mission for unwanted Addons  (Read 1494 times)

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Dissecting your mission for unwanted Addons
« on: 26 Sep 2007, 01:21:31 »
hey guys,

I searched through this section but couldn't find anything on it-- does anyone know a good method or resource to scrub your mission "clean" of accidental addons?  While betatesting various missions, i inserted quite a few addons into my folder and inadvertently placed some objects into my own mission that require those addons   :confused:.  I'm trying to have the least amount of addons possible.  I'm also sure I'm not the only one with this problem.  Any wise suggestions?  thanks!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Dissecting your mission for unwanted Addons
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2007, 08:10:31 »
Well...

First you usually want to scout the mission itself inside the editor. Just find any addons you accidentally placed there and delete them, until you think you might have gotten them all. Then you open the mission.sqm and delete the addons from the "requiredAddons" field, and you should be set.  :good:

However, sometimes there's just that one bastard addon that's hiding SOMEWHERE on the map, you just don't know where. In this case, all you can hope for is that the addon-maker has followed good addon-making praxis and applied his or her OFPEC tag to his addon. Simply find it out, and then in the mission.sqm, use Ctrl-F (search) for that tag, and it should show you all instances of the tag in the text.

And then you can just hope that the tag isn't something like "SOLD"  :cool2:

(be careful when deleting units like this, though: one }; too much and you might be crashin' your whole mission! Backup that mission.sqm!)

Good luck!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2007, 15:41:38 »
oh great thanks Wolfrug!  That worked.  I did not realize that after you cleared the suspected units/objects taht you had to delete the "UNWANTED" addon from the Mission.sqm yourself (though the game would do it automatically).  Muchas gracias.

And I definitely backed up the mission.sqm, in fact i've backed up multiple copies of Punishment Battalion on my PC at work, on my email etc etc. Can't imagine losing all that work!  How's the next version of Dawning Hope coming?  Massively improved version of PB should be out in a couple days now, this was the last glitch to fix...

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2007, 09:30:17 »
Glad I could help :D

As for DH: I've been working on the Squad Control System quite a lot, and it's looking plenty prettier now (don't know if I can fix the bugs with the squads randomly stopping moving >_<), but it's still got some nags in it that I need to fix. Sigh. We'll see  ;)

Yay for Punishment Battallion!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"