Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Half reveal  (Read 929 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Half reveal
« on: 18 Sep 2007, 22:51:00 »
im makin some grouplink script... nd i wanna have squads telin each oder bout enemies... but not realy reveal where da enemy is... now im usin neartargets 4 da detecting squad 2 move 2 da assumed positon... but is dere a way 2 make da oder squads know about da player like da detecting squad ?

like 2 raise deir knowsabout lelvel by just couple of degrees nd not all da way up ?

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: Half reveal
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2007, 23:39:22 »
Why does the other group need the intel? Do they make a plan, alter patrol routes or anything else?

You're making a grouplink script, but with what purpose do the squads need to know about the soldiers. If they know about the enemies, they either engage or will continue as waypointed depending on their behaviour and the info (as far as I know).
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: Half reveal
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2007, 23:47:45 »
change patrol routes... call 4 rienforcments... and mainly make alota noise all around da position... :D

i want em 2 know about da detected soldier 2 simulate squads sharing information... nd 2 stop some st00pid ArmA "1 group fights 1 group stands near unresponding" AI behaviour  :P

LCD OUT

[edit] anoder helpful ting wud b if ny1 cud tell me wats da magic knows about number 4 ArmA

megic number being (quote from OFPEC COMREF)

With Resistance (1.91):
No matter what class of unit the target is and no matter what the skill/class of the enemy AI, the magic 'knowsAbout' number is 0.105.

With CWC (1.46):
No matter what class of unit the target is and no matter what the skill/class of the enemy AI, the magic 'knowsAbout' number is 0.7.

What this means is, the AI will not fire on an enemy soldier until his 'knowsAbout' level of that enemy has reached the 'magic number' or higher.
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2007, 23:56:21 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta