Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Two waypoints at the same time?  (Read 987 times)

Offline Shazi

• Members
Two waypoints at the same time?
« on: 04 Sep 2007, 12:15:00 »
First off, just want to say this is a great site. I probably wouldn't be playing OFP or ArmA if it didn't exist :good:

But alas it seems as if I have ran into a bit of problems while making a mission. The mission puts you in charge of a small group that are supposed to attack a small camp. But before the actual assault you are to move to one of two possible locations (P1 and P2) and take down some key targets using a sniper rifle.

Here comes the problem though, when the player comes to the decision of either moving to P1 or P2 i'd like the choice to be in the form of having two active waypoints, and when one waypoint is reached then the other waypoint is disabled.

Now, i know a lot of alternate solutions, like radioing in to the HQ and using a script that way. But i'd like to keep it clean of any radio-contact (it's supposed to be a semi-covert operation) :whistle:

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Two waypoints at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2007, 12:33:34 »
there is no way to have two simultaneous waypoints (so the player sees both and decides where to go). But you may workaround this problem having a single moveable waypoint and two triggers covering areas heading to each waypoint. So, once a waypoint is reached, the next waypoint will be by default pointing to a destination, but you should mark in the map using markers any other possible destination. If the player moves towars a different destination he will enter one of these area triggers, and depending on the trigger you will move the position of the next waypoint and will disable the other triggers.

[group player, wp number] setWaypointPosition [desired new position, placement radius]

Offline Shazi

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 04 Sep 2007, 13:08:17 »
Hmm, that's a good idea, I'm going to give it a shot. Thx for the tip :)

Offline Shazi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 04 Sep 2007, 14:00:35 »
Sorry for the doublepost, but I cant seem to pull it off correctly, i think it might be because it's having trouble identifying my group.

putting the line "A = group this" at a group-leaders init-line should identify his group as "A", or am I completely wrong? :P

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #4 on: 04 Sep 2007, 14:36:06 »
You are correct. In any case, and as long as the last post of a thread is yours, to avoid double posting you only need to modify your current last post, and dont worry, it will be seen as "new" for the readers.