Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: UK Special Forces  (Read 6157 times)

andy51

UK Special Forces
« on: 26 Oct 2002, 16:03:31 »
Can someone please start making some British Special Forces. There is about a million(no exageration ;D) US Special Forces out and a load are in production too. Im looking forward to them, especially Bibmi's ones, but there are already loads of quality US SF out especially the likes of Delta and the SEALs. I know www.ofp.info/sasmod are making SAS units (duh), but I think we also need

SBS!: No one has yet made any Special Boat Service units (Falklands MOD are going to make some from '82) that are modern. This I would like to see, along with a fast attack boat like the ones they use.

Mountain/Artic Warfare Cadre Marines: To my knowledge none of these guys have been made, and they are damn cool.

Para Pathfinders: I know someone made some desert pathfinders (Bibmi?), they were good, but there should be some like those paras that were realeased with helmets, that were also air units, as they looked excellent.

RAF Regiment:These guys are meant to be some of the toughest guys in our services, and again I think Bibmi made some desert versions, but there should also be some green versions to guard airfields etc.

And again more SAS units in different cams- jungle maybe for Sierra Leone missions, and without berets on please.

Well, enough of my ranting :-X
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2002, 16:04:50 by andy51 »

andy51

Re:UK Special Forces
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2002, 16:09:13 »
Sorry Admin, can you move this to Addons:Ideas, as i put it in the wrong section :-[

Chomps

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2002, 19:17:16 »
Bibmi has some very nice looking UK special forces troops, which I suppose he will work on after his US Special Forces.

andy51

« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2002, 19:21:52 »
Yeah they are very nice, but I expect he has a lot of work to do ;D

Donnervogel

« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2002, 20:41:07 »

The Edge

« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2002, 20:43:41 »
LB site is down for the time being, until they get their DNS sorted out.

Donnervogel

« Reply #6 on: 26 Oct 2002, 22:35:49 »
However. They're working on some SAS units.

andy51

« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2002, 00:30:17 »
Yeah I knew that too.  ;D

Marsuitor

« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2002, 07:23:59 »
They were working on some SAS units. Since the person in charge of that project went off to the German army, it's been put on hold (That would most likely mean cancelled as the rest of the team is not interested in taking up the effort...)

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #9 on: 30 Oct 2002, 11:20:31 »
Eh, the Brit's don't have a jungle DPM. We use the woodland.

andy51

« Reply #10 on: 30 Oct 2002, 14:45:47 »
Fair enough, but you could add some headbands or boonie hats or something.

*OFF TOPIC*

Did you see the last Ultimate Force. I wanted to watch it but it wasnt on at the usual time, and i havent seen it since. I think henno gets kicked out in it.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2002, 14:48:44 by andy51 »

ZIKAN

« Reply #11 on: 30 Oct 2002, 17:35:32 »
Eh, the Brit's don't have a jungle DPM. We use the woodland.

'Tropicals' as they are known, is what  your talking about. Its basicly a thin long sleeved shirt and combat trouses. Its the same DPM pattern as the regular issue jackets and trouses, but just made of a lightweight material instead.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #12 on: 30 Oct 2002, 22:32:15 »
I hope someone makes some SAS and SBS units. As long as they don't wear helmets (they usually just wear bobcaps or bush hats in the junglies, or nowt at all) and have decent webbing I'll be happy. I wish it was possible to make units swim, becuase some SBS combat swimmers would be ace... just imagine hopping out of your Gemini off the coast and swimming in, coming ashore near some coastal defences at midnight, creeping up towards the pillboxes, then getting in, topping the defenders with a Welrod .38 and rigging the bunkers with enough PE4 to put them into orbit... then paddling back to the Gemini and watching the enemy defences go bang.

Some UK special forces vehicles would be cool, like:

-Gemini inflatables
-Rigid Raiders
-Pinky 110s
-Canoes (the SBS use them, as well as the SAS Boat Troop guys)
-A steerable parachute (square canopy) for SAS Air Troop HAHO insertions... just imagine sailing in over the enemy lines at 2000 feet, before gently landing in someone's back yard and slotting them ;)

Just some thoughts. But if anyone makes any SAS or SBS with the SA80 I'll poke myself in the eye. They trialed it in the jungle, then discarded (with the exception of ops in NI, where they sometimes masquerade as regular squaddies).

andy51

« Reply #13 on: 31 Oct 2002, 19:01:59 »
Just some thoughts. But if anyone makes any SAS or SBS with the SA80 I'll poke myself in the eye. They trialed it in the jungle, then discarded (with the exception of ops in NI, where they sometimes masquerade as regular squaddies).

Too late ;D The Viking(I think) SAS units came out a few days ago with SA80s and, wait for it, berets! Im not about to knock someones addon, but i have seen too many SAS addons which are just british camo with a beige beret. Im pretty sure they dont use their berets on ops EVER, especially stuff where they "arent there" as it would be pretty hard to deny if they had big fat berets with SAS badges on. Please someone just make some SAS guys with wooly/beanie hats, boonie hats or no hats at all. They do wear helmets but probably not that often for various reasons, and not in the jungle. Some nice black CRW guys would make a change also, as would more SBS guys, they are at present a little bit underrepresented in OFP, just because there not as famous.

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #14 on: 31 Oct 2002, 22:51:05 »
Well, the SAS have once worn there Beige Beret on the early operations in Northern Island, patolling ops though.