Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mp Dialog Tutorial, is there one?  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Fmrfox

• Members
Mp Dialog Tutorial, is there one?
« on: 30 Aug 2007, 03:27:30 »
I'm looking for help on creating dialog's (with MP in mind specifically). What I am trying to do is this. I want the group leader to be able to go a specific place and choose from a list of missions. Then when they have chosen one extra enemies and mission specific objects will spawn. They can use the dialog to check on the mission status. Once completed they can choose another, etc. Once a a specific group of these missions are complete one or more of the overall mission (on the briefing page) objectives will be complete. I have no idea where to start with this and I was wondering if any dialog tutorials exist. Or if someone could give me a hand.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: Mp Dialog Tutorial, is there one?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2007, 16:31:41 »
There are dialog tutorials in the Ed Depot(ED) here.  You might also want to check out dr.eyeball framework here.

Getting the dialog to alter a mission would be a new topic once you get a prototype dialog working.

urp!

Offline Fmrfox

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2007, 17:43:53 »
Ah thanks, I saw the tut on OFPEC but I wasn't sure if it was Arma compatible. The framework is exactly what I was looking for I don't know how I missed it!

Thanks again :)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #3 on: 04 Sep 2007, 11:36:00 »
And AFAIK, dialogs are quite the very same for SP or MP.