Will attach mission to this post as well,
Mission Name: Operation Sunrise
Game mode: MP: Coop 1-8
Addon's required: EditorUpgrade102 (included in the map zip file)
Respawn: Team spawn in MP.
30 man Platoon to capture Pita.
- 30 Man Platoon, plenty of live to spawn into
- Ai react to the assault, they dont just wait for you to attack, they counter.
- Final Beta test took me and my mate 3 hours to complete.
- Over 6 Months in development and beta testing.
Supports SP: MP & SP
Cadet/Veteran mode variation: None
Island/towns: Pita city coastline
Core game style: infantry vs infantry & some armour
Scale: about 30 infantry attack force
Duration: about 3 Hours
Weather/Time: Clear, Semi Overcast, 7:30am, Day
Mission created by: Gareth Clough
Mission Version: 1.00
Release Date: 28 July 2007
Intro/Outro: None, 250 second intro, 40 second outro
Briefings: Full brieifing, notes & tickable objectives
Created for Arma version: 1.7beta+
Testing: Tested on dedicated server with 2 human players.
Screenshots: <OpSunriseIntro.jpg> (http://www.garycorp.com/arma/images/OpSunriseIntro.jpg
- Stage 1: Insertion by UH-60,
- Stage 2: Destroy D30 beach defences to make way for the Engineers to land and clear the mines and tank traps.
- Stage 3: Capture Pita
Background: SLA keep attacking the south and the U.S. task force. So the U.S. with limited resources liberate the North from the commies.
- For Multi Player, copy the pbo file(s) to .\ArmA\MPMissions (installation) folder. Was made as a Coop mission, would recommend MP play to enable respawn.
- For Single Player, copy the pbo file(s) to .\ArmA\Missions (installation) folder.
- 10% of plays, Alpha team lost a UH-60. Which will result in less lads on your team.
- If you decide to attack Pita from the East, and attack harbour 1st you will need to be careful when bringing ai into harbour
make sure you bring them to the pre defined positions on the harbour sea front then move them to the desired pos. (Game bug not mission)
- Mission does 100% work, so if you think you have cleared Pita and you dont have a 'Objective Complete'. Then there are enemys still alive
in the area. On one play a full squad attacked us after being up in the hills, and we were looking everywhere for the SLA still alive in Pita.
- None for this mission. Will make more missions set in this theatre of war though.
0.1 - 01.Jan.2007 - Started Beta Testing
1.0 - 28.Jul.2007 - Revised release.
This mission is distributed without any warranty.
You may host it for download, but keep this readme included.
This mission cannot be used for commercial gain.
Please seek my permission if you would like to add it to a mission pack or anything like that.
CREDITS & THANKS:
- BIS their great simulators.
- The makers of EditorUpdate_v102 addon.
- Anybody who has helped me in the BIS forum.
- Finally Scott Greenwood who helped me beta test this mission.
Download more Missions by me @OFPEC Downloadhttp://www.garycorp.com/arma
Keep on commie killin.