Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Eviction 1.4  (Read 14827 times)

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
(Review Completed) [SP] Eviction 1.4
« on: 11 Aug 2007, 19:11:23 »
Eviction v1.4
Sp player
Suitable for Cadet mode, best in Veteran mode
Date 10 7 2007/
By Schuler
js61032@optus.net.com.au
OFP version 1.96

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available, with required addons, from the Missions Depot.

addons should be in a mod folder or addones
Installation place pbo. File in 'missions' folder under; Codemasters / OperationFlashpoint/missions

place the editorupdate103.pbo in  Codemasters / OperationFlashpoint/Addons folder/ or Mod

As the leader of Bravo squad 75th Rangers Airborne stationed on Malden.  Well having orders to
leave Malden you are one of the remaining units left to guard the airbase. You have orders
remove Russian soldiers once again from an occuping town.

You have unlimited save games and option to use Jam or M4 mags. This mission was made to be a nice playable mission. PICK THE M4MAGS IN GEAR SELECTION for
 best game play. you can ONLY use the M4 mags with 5.56 weapons

Thanks to: icarus_uk, MP, for scripting. And thanks to Mandoble, Codemasters, BaS, BIS and everyone at www.ofpec.com and anyone i forgot.

changes; more AI more fighting and editorupdate103.pbo included in folder
changes;;; more action. weapons selection added. all your men have medic kits. and a few bits
and piece's here and there.

beta testers; Denz, Limmy3

his mission is Unofficial and so is the readme!

Enjoy

edit
updated addon links ~ Denz
« Last Edit: 14 May 2009, 01:43:45 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
Semper Fi

Offline Denz

Re: Eviction sp by schuler
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2007, 14:55:04 »
Nice one schuler, will check it out later.

I couldn't get the download for the BAS Airweapons to work but found it over on OFP.Base
I've got 'em right where I want 'em - surrounded from the inside!
Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver, SOG Recon One-Zero
24/09/41 - 24/04/69

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2007, 02:49:30 »
thanks Denz , will look into that and fix, cheers
Edit; Bas AirWeapons link fixed
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2007, 02:52:46 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline Denz

« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2007, 10:55:48 »
You also need the BAS_Blackhawks to run this mission. Required addon for the Pavehawks.

Just on my way to La Trinite  :)
24/09/41 - 24/04/69

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2007, 13:34:55 »
Denz , thanks, sorry about that , added link there too! i would not have used the HH-60 had i known that,
Semper Fi

Offline Denz

« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2007, 18:43:34 »
Package
The mission comes with a readme in two formats and an interesting (IMO) picture of a US
flag - interesting because of the way the sun shines throught he fabric although I can't make out what is in the background

Overview
The overview gave a good outline of the mission and contained the flag picture - no border
typos: squade, gard, occuping

Briefing
The briefing detailed the mission nicely and included an Intelligence report on the expected situation. No gear selection
typo: choper

Mission
The fight at Larche is enjoyable and I like the A10 strike that gets rid of the BMPs that would have overwhelmed my one AT guy. The medical provision in the squad was really good, not only did I have a medic - who always seemed to get killed first, but I had another Ranger with first aid capability which was really handy as virtually all my squad got wounded during the Larche operation.

couple of typos in the radio messages also
injoy, rodger

Once cleared I radio for evac, promptly a truck shows up at a pre-designated point and we drive to the outskirts of La Trinite. Once we debussed we get a message from HQ about a SCUD located in the town and to hang back. Soon after a camera attached missile shows up (nice effect btw) and not only destroys the SCUD but kills nearly every living thing
in La Trinite as I only had to mop up three maybe four enemy soldiers.

Outro
No outro

Summary
I thought the mission got off to a fine start. Larche was certainly the highlight, it took a while to find every OPFOR soldier lurking in the town. La Trinite, on the other hand was a bit too easy with not enough for me to kill. The missile camera effect was cool but a bit more needs to be added to that last section to really round the mission off.

PROJECT BETA APPROVED
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2007, 22:13:07 by LCD »
24/09/41 - 24/04/69

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 17 Aug 2007, 16:00:35 »
Denz thanks, there should have been and outro , did you get a car with enemy and a message saying income vehicle from the south?  and there should have been more enemy hiding before the outro,
damn those typo's ,, ya read it and overlook the little words,,,, and there is gear in the briefing of M4 mags only, but ya not weapons.
did you use the M4 instead of Jam?   cheers schuler
Semper Fi

Offline Denz

« Reply #7 on: 17 Aug 2007, 16:38:27 »
oh yes, a car did come at the end. A civilian car with a russian soldier at the wheel but he was all alone.
I used jam magazines at the start as this was what my squad was already loaded with.
I'll have another run through it tonight see if I can see why the outro didn't kick in.
24/09/41 - 24/04/69

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 18 Aug 2007, 07:21:51 »
  Denz i found a bug in the outro, [] exec "End.sqs",,,,, but the script was called end.sqs lower case 'end' vs 'End', i dont know why it worked for me in testing. I'll work on this and add more to the ending, more notes for the player and some more enemy at the last town. also a better outro. a few days,,,

EDIT ,,, my pc broke down,,,  :weeping: be a bit before i can update mission,, its still playable for beta testing party, its just not ready for a rewiew   >:(
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2007, 07:23:34 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline limmy3

• Members
  • OFP crazy!
« Reply #9 on: 30 Aug 2007, 00:25:07 »
Hello there,

Ohh no, I just wanted to fix that BMP of in La Trinite and then the cut scene appeared.  :weeping:

Here is my view of your mission.

Overview:
Fine.

Intro:
Yes.

Outro Win:
No. A cut scene showing me at my position with a Russian Antitank weapon.
Denz thanks, there should have been and outro , did you get a car with enemy and a message saying income vehicle from the south?  and there should have been more enemy hiding before the outro,
No car. I think the car crew was killed before, by kind regards from my sniper.

Outro Loose:
Don�t know yet..

Cutscenes:
Yes. At least 3. When I killed the last standing soldier in La Trinite I got one just when I wanted to send that BMP to hell.

Briefing:
Not very good. In fact a lot of information is missing.
�   Strengths of enemy.
�   Strengths of armoured vehicles.
�   Location of the town and its area.
�   Command structure.
�   Radio types.

Well, my spelling and grammar is not very good either. But I don�t understand what you are going to say.
This is about acting quickly, keeping the enemy in a position trying to counter what you are doing.

Don�t move in to fast so that A-10 can have some fun.
I don�t think that a CO will say that in this manner.

Notes:
Pure

Weapon selection:
No  unfortunately not.

Mission:
I started of on the road at the airport. A waypoint told me to board a HA60 and I was flown to the infil point. Here I was joined with my fireteam and the HA took off and disappeared.  Starting my ambush slowly as I was ordered I saw an A-10 who just dropped some metal peaces on the head of the vehicles. I took me some hard lessons to take that town and nearly all of my men varnished. With the help of the sniper and heavily wounded I managed to get hold of the town Larche. As it is always my medic who I ordered to stay back was killed quite quickly. After the town was in my hands I ordered the Evac to come which after same time arrived. The sniper and I got on the lorry and off we went to our next job. Unfortunately I was still wounded because I didn�t find any medical treatment. After the lorry driver joined us we stopped some distance before La Trinite and were reasonably quick under fire. After receiving some bullets from three mad soldiers that attacker didn�t made it long. The driver stayed with the lorry and I ordered the sniper to round the town and make his way on top of the hill east. Good idea because a vehicle full of enemy was standing south on the road hidden behind trees. But it didn�t help they had to go. After that the sniper continued his way to his ordered position and made a good job.
Here again it took me several lives to clear the town.

Summary:
A snack for between I thought but then found out this is a challenging task for a quick made mission.  :D

I hoped to find some medical stuff to get ride of my headache because my medic was send to join his ancestors.  :dry:
Here the author could apply with some extra medic equipment. Perhaps a medic in companion with the lorry driver and a tent or medic box some where. The other possibility would be that the player has his own medic kit. I would recommend this
Code: [Select]
ChaosStudios Realistic Dam(m)age System - Personal v 2.0But perhaps the possibility to get some reinforcement in form of a new fireteam. This can be activated by trigger if your company has varnished in back of the lorry perhaps.
I played it in GRAA V3.0 mod so I�m not sure but the lorry didn�t have all used ammunition available.
But I�ll have some other checks on that still open.
Before Larche was a cut scene, just open water which was annoying because I just wanted to send a tiny message to my opposite in the focus.
I used the JAM magazines.

Regards limmy3

Edit: Images lost in the crash of Nov '09
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2009, 01:20:16 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
The only necessary for triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: 30 Aug 2007, 15:31:32 »
limmy3 sorry mate ,, i made changes but didnt get a chance to upload my pc died  :weeping:
 well get back and have a major rewiew on this myself before next vers.
  pc down  :weeping:
 have to fix last cut scene and the battle there!!!! adding more to it,,,  :D 

more then likely your right, but have u been there before?
have lot to do to this yet , rewording and "sp" want to add more
 ps M4 mags instead of jam mags are there in gear , read notes ,,, i did that on purpose.
the hole game works good for me ,,, but , i just have to work out bugs  :D
Semper Fi

Offline limmy3

• Members
  • OFP crazy!
« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2007, 23:08:05 »
more then likely your right, but have u been there before?
In the army?  ??? 
:no: but I used this.

mission_briefing_outline.doc
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L7IJAQZ1

Well, to be honest I used some thing more detailed which was a mission briefing from the british army.
But unfortunately I cann't remember where I found or saved it.

This one should suit our purposes.

Regards limmy3

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #12 on: 01 Sep 2007, 00:13:18 »
hey limmy3, couln't get your doc.  ,, i really just did the mission for fun and didnt want to make a detailed breifing for a short mission. i do think bigger missions should have one though. some guys spend a lot of time with breifings and thats good if the mission is worth it  :)
Semper Fi

Offline limmy3

• Members
  • OFP crazy!
« Reply #13 on: 01 Sep 2007, 17:05:37 »
Hi schuler,

it's entirely up to you how you make your mission.  :)

I am sure your mission is worth it.  :good:

Why? Just placing some units on the playground and shoot at each other is just cheep. There's no background.
Why? Because placing units for guard without them given any reaction possibility is half way making  a mission.
That is my opinion!  :yes:

My weakness in making missions is that I'm not able to write scripts.  :weeping: Perhaps only the very simple ones when somebody gave be a direction help.

And I think that the briefing reports just belongs to the mission.

But I is up to you.

A copy of the file is attached. Sorry you didn't managed at the first place. Have to check it.

Regards limmy3

P. S. Perhaps you could be so kind and tell me how you put this blue 'new' sign in the topic title. I release replys
but don't know how this works.  :(

Edit: The attachments to this message were removed in the Lesser Purge of 2009.

Either use the MegaUpload link two posts up, or get the finished version from the Editors' Depot.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2009, 18:16:16 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #14 on: 04 Sep 2007, 01:58:47 »
blue 'new' sign in the topic title.
lol i dont know, i think it might last for 30 days or something to that affect, i didnt add it  :dunno:
got your doc, very good info thanks  :good:
    take care, schuler
Semper Fi