Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Snatched  (Read 7922 times)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Snatched (Review Me)
« Reply #15 on: 14 Jul 2007, 13:34:48 »
I'll review this one.

EDIT: sent PM to author about bug.
EDIT1: removed (review me) as the bug is still present (enemy randomly disappearing when getting shot at). Author PMed about it.
« Last Edit: 02 Aug 2007, 01:12:12 by Cheetah »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Re: [SP] Snatched
« Reply #16 on: 23 Apr 2008, 02:48:57 »
New version uploaded. See top of page 1.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #17 on: 23 Apr 2008, 03:09:20 »
New version uploaded. See top of page 1.
nice package in New Version. checking it out  :yes:
cheers schuler
edit  though now i am getting a dmsmokeefect prob.?
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2008, 03:19:10 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline Denz

« Reply #18 on: 23 Apr 2008, 06:32:50 »
@ schuler, the DMSmokeeffect addon is provided bud ;)

Tested on ArmA 1.12b, Durg's Vegetation Fix + required addons. Veteran Difficulty.
Overview
Good description and great picture.
It could do with a version number though

Intro
Some good camera work and voice acting.
How about using one of the captured soldier models for the exercising Mike Loud instead of him being fully kitted out.
I do have one question;
How did those Especas plant the bomb there?

Briefing
Well written and comprehensive.
In the Exfil section, instead of
"ready to get extracted" it should be
ready to be extracted.
Also, there are no silenced mags for the M4 - whether this would alter the mission dynamics too much I don't know

Mission
I decided to go for the helicopter first. I put everyone on hold fire and in to a staggered column formation and took a wide Westerly detour to the airfield. Left my squad on overwatch while I crawled over to plant the bomb.
Then, using the foliage and terrain as much as I could to hide from roving patrols, I took another wide sweep to the South and then to the East.
Made my way towards the POW's location and left the sniper, machine gunner, a rifleman and the two AT guys on overwatch, in an all round defence on hilltop 35 in grid Bf88 (I think, hard to read what I've written down  :whistle: ).
With enemy patrols materialising from the surrounding countryside and some chaotic fighting in town, I finally find the POW.
Damn, I was too far away to detonate the bomb under the Mi17, so I took a few pot shots at the cockpit as he went by in the vain hope of bringing him down.
After the POW joins the group and after a very tense moment with a BMP, I recall my overwatch team and head towards the radio mast and it's handily placed ural. Stop the truck to eliminate a passing patrol and radio for evac. We board - job done!
One failed objective, 15 kills and one BMP to my credit.

Outro
Simple enough wrap up to the story. The scene that begins "Mike, I know you are going to retire soon" could do with being preloaded.

Summary
A great little story-based mission with a good atmosphere  :good:
To be honest, I can't think of a single suggestion/improvement.
Really enjoyed playing it.
I've got 'em right where I want 'em - surrounded from the inside!
Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver, SOG Recon One-Zero
24/09/41 - 24/04/69

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #19 on: 23 Apr 2008, 08:01:49 »
@ schuler, the DMSmokeeffect addon is provided bud
yes, i like the way he has the package, but iam working on what i am doing wrong, have to sort out other addons that might be conflicting  :dunno:
1.09b

fixed addons clash,, all mod folders from not on,,,,,
cheers
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2008, 14:40:06 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #20 on: 23 Apr 2008, 15:51:28 »
The scene that begins "Mike, I know you are going to retire soon" could do with being preloaded.

Yes that always annoys me. How could I preload it?
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #21 on: 24 Apr 2008, 02:01:49 »
Arma1.09b cad.
25min
All objectives ticked including heli
9 kills
No friendly loses
Score 3800 with a red X

One thing. Trigging an alarm with the first engagement kept me thinking about how to get around them. But I couldn't help taken them out.
Had a man with the stinger, came in handy, that MI got about 4sec of flight time to add to the end of his career!
Noticed Denz had a different approach. Looks replayable!!!
No armor kills I forgot to finish off a BMP. I was thinking of using it, but I was worryed about what might happen next after I got the pilot, so I just ran with the UAZ. Had pilot and 2 men in a UAZmg. Went to evac, everything went well. All timed well with encounters and voice acting. Very smooth fun exciting  mission that keeps your on your toes.   :good:
Cheers Schuler
Semper Fi

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: (Review Completed) [SP] Snatched
« Reply #22 on: 27 Apr 2008, 13:54:51 »
Review Completed

Feel free to share your opinion with us on this mission!
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 12:34:03 by Cheetah »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!