Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Retextured BIS addons request  (Read 1979 times)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Retextured BIS addons request
« on: 28 Jul 2007, 15:35:28 »
I have read the tutorials on oxygen to the point of overwhelming frustration. My comprehension of this tool is, for lack of better description, "Kindergarten". I was curious if I could get any addon makers to share their time to make the needed addons or create a simplified "Kindergarten" tutorial on how to remove / replace vehicle symbols such as the Soviet / U.S stars with a flag of some type? I would like to create U.S and Soviet made vehicles to incorporate into a Nogovian Army using the Nogovian flag pack created by SNK at OFP.INFO. List includes all land, air and sea units including replacing the flag patch on the arm of the soldiers.  I dont' want to utitlize the flagowner command due to the fact that most of the vehicles will be empty in storage compounds. Thank you.

###############UPDATE################

Okay, I have dabbled in O2 a little more. I have dpboed a few BIS vehicles(namely the M2A2, BMP2 and Vulcan)...I do not see any textures with the standard stars on them. I may be able to figure out how to place the Nogovian flag over them if I could locate the actual textures that have the stars. Can Anyone help me from here? Pleeeeeease?
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2007, 05:43:01 by savedbygrace »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
Re: Retextured BIS addons request
« Reply #1 on: 01 Aug 2007, 18:37:44 »
Anyone? Please? I updated my post.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2007, 19:54:56 »
Both the west and east star textures are in the data.pbo.

\data\west_01.paa
\data\east_01.paa

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2007, 18:34:09 »
Thanks for your reply Planck.
Okay, so that means that I can add a flag to the textures inside each pbo and rewrite the config path within the pbo to achieve what I am trying to? Sounds simple, is it harder than I am thinking?
Or could I just place the flag in the same folder as the config and other textures and rewrite the path to pull the texture from there rather than the BIS Data file? If that's it....would it have to be resized to the same dimensions as the original west_01.paa / east _01.paa or could I make them bigger?
Would it be the same for replacing the shoulder flag on soldiers?
As a side note.....I AM putting forth an effort of digging through the forum threads as an attempt to research this topic. I am currently on page 44 of the addon thread but it is slow going. Your advise is very much appreciated. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 02 Aug 2007, 18:48:10 by savedbygrace »