Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Accepted) Basic script for trenchfights  (Read 8971 times)

Offline nettrucker

• Members
  • Too young to die-OFP Campaign by TOY & nettrucker
Re: (Accepted) Basic script for trenchfights
« Reply #15 on: 07 Jan 2009, 16:04:40 »
Hello MRO240
Yeah I know that the sandbagfix is not needed anymore and that's why I removed it from my addon folder and from all missions.sqm. But in the topic states that the sandbagfix addon is needed to run this script propperly. As a matter of fact I get this weird string listings since I removed the sandbagfix.
Thanks anyway for your reply
regards
nettrucker :)

Offline MRO204

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: 13 Jan 2009, 00:13:50 »
Well i just downloaded the test mission and then took out the sandbag fix from the mission.sqs there only 2 lines and it all works perfect .. no errors what so ever.  :)

Offline Dirtiej

• Members
Re: Basic script for trenchfights
« Reply #17 on: 06 Feb 2010, 20:31:00 »
i�ts no problem to use a trigger to activate the script. in one mission i  set my outpost group to disableAI "move" and set behaviour "safe" in the initifield to get them standing still then i execute the script via a "opfor detected by blufor trigger" that way i get the units to stand on guard and not dipping behind cover until the enemy is detected

Hello subroc,

I like your idea about keeping the AI standing around until the enemy is detected, can you post the details of the Trigger you used to get the AI to start the Trench behavior?  I would like to learn how to do that and am pretty new at Triggers.

Blanco, thanks for sharing this script, its exactly what I've been looking for!  :good:

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #18 on: 06 Feb 2010, 21:58:16 »
After a year or so I suspect most of the people who posted here have forgotten about this topic by now.   :cool2:

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline subroc

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 09 Feb 2010, 19:32:39 »
 belive it or not, today i actually entered this subforum by mistake (or devine intervention?  :D) instead of the a2 forum and read this post.

set up the outpost group
in the initfield of the "oupostgroup" leader write:
{_x set behaviour "safe"; _x disableai "move"} foreach units group this; mygrp = group this

set up a trigger with (enemyside) detected by (side of outpostgroup) and the size of the trigger that you want to detect in and in the activationfield of the trigger write:

[mygrp, false] exec "trenches\outpost.sqs"

Sorry if the syntax is messed up havent done any coding for a1 in a year

Offline Dirtiej

• Members
« Reply #20 on: 10 Feb 2010, 06:03:08 »
Thanks Subroc!

You are the Man! I'll try this out right away.  :good: