Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Heliroute  (Read 3842 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Heliroute
« Reply #15 on: 08 Jul 2007, 23:25:51 »
You want to start the descend in the #move2 loop, which uses a velocity vector of _vel = [10*sin(_dir),10*cos(_dir), 0]
You may try to change it to _vel = [10*sin(_dir),10*cos(_dir), _veldown] if it is above _minalt and _vel = [10*sin(_dir),10*cos(_dir), _veldown] if it is above _minalt. Add these checks inside #move2 loop:

Code: [Select]
#move2
_vel = [10*sin(_dir),10*cos(_dir), 0]
? (getPos _heli select 2) > _minalt: _vel = [10*sin(_dir),10*cos(_dir), _veldown]

_heli setVelocity _vel
_heli setDir _dir
~0.05
?(damage _heli > _maxdmg): deleteVehicle _log;goto "eject"
_dist = _log distance _heli
?_dist < _distold:_distold = _dist;goto "move2"
deleteVehicle _log

Offline the corinthian

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: 10 Jul 2007, 15:51:54 »
I tried the modification you suggested but now what happens is the heli flies along, then when approaches the landing site it does a 320 degree turn then starts gradually reducing height as it approaches the landing zone. It better but its still short of the quick insertion and dust-off method im trying for

Offline ARMAVIDZ

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2007, 07:37:46 »
First off, thank you Mandoble for creating some of the awesome scripts you have. Bypassing engine limitations! ~nice! About the heliroute script:

I tried using this script but the chopper would fly out about two kilometers (give or take) and then come in for a long, high decent on the marker. To make the chopper land in the middle of a street (littlebird) and unload troops the chopper would always collide with a building.

The strange part is if you move the chopper near the second move part of the script, it skips the first part(success) and goes right to final approach. Is there a way to skip the first three parts, takeoff, stage 1, stage 2 and go straight to final approach?

Also, no matter the speed inputted into the init, or trigger, the helo would approach and a brutally slow speed. Any hints or tips would be very much appreciated.

:good:  ;)
ArmAVidz

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 23 Aug 2007, 09:07:04 »
Well, as said, this is an OFP script and I havent had time to adapt it to ArmA yet, meanwhile you may try mando_land.sqf which works well with harriers and probably will work well also with choppers.

Offline ARMAVIDZ

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 23 Aug 2007, 11:51:19 »
Well, as said, this is an OFP script and I havent had time to adapt it to ArmA yet

Oh, sorry Mandoble, I missed that.  :-[  Eagerly waiting for when you can get to it.  :good: I'll give the mando_land.sqf a try. Thanks again!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 23 Aug 2007, 11:58:39 »
OK, you got me interested into this again (after some years  :P), so expect "something" just for choppers in the very near future  ;)

Offline ARMAVIDZ

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 24 Aug 2007, 08:21:19 »
 :clap:  :good:  :D yes!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: 26 Aug 2007, 01:16:33 »