Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Preparing Cameras (tutorial?)  (Read 1262 times)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Preparing Cameras (tutorial?)
« on: 14 Jun 2007, 14:21:39 »
Are there any tutorials on the new camera commands that appeared in ArmA yet? I'm curious to find out more about the new preparation commands, but I haven't found any good explanation on how to use them.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Captain

• Members
Re: Preparing Cameras (tutorial?)
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2007, 14:31:05 »
And the commands listed HERE are no help? I'll be the first to admit my cam scripting ability is limited but thought this still helpful ;)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2007, 14:34:11 »
Well, these commands are the same as the set ones, but, if not overrunned by the corresponding set command, you may have a camera executing at the same time set and prepare commands, for example, you may be using set to set the target of a camera and, at the same time, prepare to set its position and zoom level. All that in a tight loop.

So, to keep the camera moving with the vehicle you need to set camera position every 0.01 secs with immediate commits, but you want the camera changing targets smoothly, so the immediate commits are not an option. To accomplish that, you move the camera with camPreparePos and camCommitPrepared 0, but you set camera targets with camSetTarget and, for example, camCommit 1. And these commands may be inside a continuous loop with a 0.01 delay.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2007, 14:53:54 »
And the commands listed HERE are no help?

It's a start, but it wasn't what I was looking for, really. I'm already a fairly advanced camera scripter. I was hoping there was a tutorial with an indepth explanation of how these commands are used to their best effect, not just a list stating the fact that they do exist. Learning them by trial end error can be very time consuming. Maybe I'll have to write that tutorial myself  :P
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!