Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mod the voices.pbo  (Read 1423 times)

Offline garrysl

• Members
Mod the voices.pbo
« on: 12 Jun 2007, 12:40:33 »
Has enyone tried to modify the voices.pbo
if so i how
thanks  ;)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Re: Mod the voices.pbo
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2007, 15:19:35 »
I'm serious;y thinking about doing it. It would take a big effort to get actors sorted.
You interested in helping?
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline garrysl

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2007, 20:08:27 »

lets hear more about it

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2007, 01:29:08 »
Due to the BIS voices being of real por quality I am thinking of replacing them with community voices.
A simple list will be produced with details of the correct inflection and a sample file which will include sounds done by myself so you can hear the correct inflection too.

Of course the selection of voices will be very stringent as only American voice actors or people with good quality Amercan accents will be used.

I will also look into doing a British voice pack if the American one goes well.

If it is at all posible I will add the packs together into one big pack. I don't know if you can add more voices to the original BIS folder. Right now the plan will be to simply overwrite the BIS ones. If anyone knows if ading extra ones to the original folder is possible please tell me.

I was going to do this for Flashpoint but back then huge files were very difficult to share and the project died on it's ass.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."