Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Skip Waypoints  (Read 984 times)

Offline DDSSTT

• Members
Skip Waypoints
« on: 20 May 2007, 06:14:20 »
ok, i have a chopper cycling through 2 waypoints and then when radioed will fly some place else, and then after a set time in a trigger will go back to the original cycling point, but how do i make the chopper only fly for a certin amount of time and skip to the last waypoint which is a "getout" if either 'x' time is up or fuel is low?

i tried to use "deletewaypoint" command, DoMove, and many others trying to get it to skip all the waypoints and move to the airfield and land if the chopper is never called and/or none of the conditions are met for it to finish its cycling...

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Skip Waypoints
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2007, 12:17:55 »
To skip one WP or more use a trigger type "SWITCH" synchronized with the last WP you want to skip.

Lets say you have a unit moving through wps A, B, C, D and E. You have the trigger synced with wp D and the unit is currently trying to complete wp B. When the trigger activates, wps B, C, and D (A was already completed) will be marked as completed and unit will proceed to wp E, which may be a cycle type one near wp A, so the unit, in fact will return to its origin A.

Of course you may have several triggers type switch synced with several wps, so, upon different conditions different wps are jumped. I understand that in your example, the conditions may be set and unset several times, so your triggers should be marked for "continuous" checks.

Offline DDSSTT

• Members
Re: Skip Waypoints
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2007, 16:02:49 »
ok i see what you are saying, here is what i got...

chopper1
1 move (flyinheight 100, speed limited, aware)
2 move
3 cycle (trigger 1 - radio alpha *working)
4 move (flyinheight 20, speed full, combat)
5 move
6 cycle (trigger 1 - if squad 1 leaves area go to wp 7*working)
7 move (flyinheight 100, speed limited, aware)
8 cycle (this one is back by wp 1) (trigger 1 - radio alpha *working)
9 move
10 Getout

its working but i can seem to make chopper1 skip from any of the waypoints if say total mission time reaches 5:00min i know it will be a trigger but i dont how to do it...

should it be (trigger2 at wp 9- "SWITCH" Timeout min 300 max 330 mid 315)?
« Last Edit: 20 May 2007, 22:13:48 by DDSSTT »