Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Differences in mission making between OFP and AA  (Read 1478 times)

Offline ZapBrannigan

• Members
Differences in mission making between OFP and AA
« on: 20 May 2007, 03:42:51 »
Hello,

As I try out the  AA and first attempt to create a mission. I realise there are some differences in how this is done.

your mission files are no longer saved in OperationFlashPoint/users/yourname/missions
they are now saved in MyDocuments/Arma/missions

also there is no gear selection in the begining?

and the new addition of team switch; does that need a txt file to work?

are briefings and overvievs still done the same way?

Has anybody created a tutorial on creating missions in Arma? and I mean the part after you use the mission editor, the mission editor still works the same way.

thanks

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: Differences in mission making between OFP and AA
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2007, 11:29:47 »
They are indeed saved in the My Documents location.

Gear selection is available by going to group -> click your name. The way you can implement a gear selection is still the same.

You can make the team switch work by adding multiple playable units in the mission editor. In the mission you can then switch player with, I think, U and Y.

Briefings and overviews should work the same way.

What kind of tutorials are you looking for?
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2007, 11:42:03 »
I've found that you can't select weapons for your team at the start of a mission if you or they are in a vehicle.
To get around this I've had to break one of the un-written rules by having a short cutscene at the start of the mission proper.

This is basically so that I can have my team at their start point but not in a vehicle. I run the cutscene and after a second I moveincargo them to their vehicles. This way you get to choose their weapons in the briefing screen. Just remember to have a savegame soon after so that players don't have to keep watching the cutscene if they die early.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jul 2007, 12:36:59 »
@ the architect... make an init.sqs file and add little dely @ da end like dat

init.sqs
Code: [Select]
watever shud happen at mision start
~0.01
player moveincargo vehiclename

it works

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jul 2007, 17:32:16 »
Didn't someone say it's possible to add the weapon pool to the vehicle weaponcargo to get around this?