Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: waypoint problem ?bug? (behaviour-safe)  (Read 3132 times)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: waypoint problem ?bug? (behaviour-safe)
« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2007, 09:13:02 »
And doesnt matter the behaviour set in next waypoint, they'll never return to safe
At least in version 1.05 this was not true.

Yes, the group will not change it's behavior immediately to what the waypoint tells them, it takes time, but they did change their behaviour eventually..

Encountered this while writing a random patrol script (which I never finished because someone else wrote a better one..)
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #16 on: 17 May 2007, 16:19:49 »
..., but they did change their behaviour eventually..
How long was eventually? Does this mean the 1.06 patch is bugged or not?

(which I never finished because someone else wrote a better one..)

Don't you just fucking hate that? It makes your life suddenly easier, but causes shrinkage.
urp!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #17 on: 17 May 2007, 18:00:39 »
the problem is there, in 1.07 beta, so I assume the problem is also in US 1.06. I did wait several minutes (case where the troops moved on after detecting and killing the enemy) and they never switched to safe again. They were just moving between two waypoints, both with "SAFE" in behaviour box. But in the first test, my firing in front of them and they being unable to find any enemy nearby, they simply never moved and this was tested in both 1.05 and 1.07 beta.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #18 on: 17 May 2007, 21:46:04 »
How long was eventually?
Never measured it but it was fairly long..
Of course this doesn't mean it's not a bug, it seems that something overrides the waypoint orders..

But in the first test, my firing in front of them and they being unable to find any enemy nearby, they simply never moved and this was tested in both 1.05 and 1.07 beta.
I can confirm this on the 1.05 part as well.
But, it happened quite rarely, I would say once or twice out of like 50.. :dunno:

EDIT:
Ok, just tested the time it took the group to return to "safe" (in a situation discussed) and it took approx. 3 minutes..
Until that the group followed it's waypoints but in combat or aware mode (didn't test which, probably aware because they didn't crawl or go prone constantly)..
« Last Edit: 17 May 2007, 22:11:38 by h- »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline dematti

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 20 May 2007, 04:36:30 »
was out few days but found a solution for my problem now
simply by making 2 triggers wich will set them to combat when enemy is near and another one to safe when they are gone.
Although this doesnt solve the problem
But, it happened quite rarely, I would say once or twice out of like 50.. :dunno:
happened every time to me (1.05) they just hold position forever (maybe until they see enemy wich will make them go combat behaviour)
its a bug for sure and needs to be reported.