Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Runway (mando_takeoff2.sqf, mando_land.sqf and mando_eject.sqf) (TESTING)  (Read 24360 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
The download link works fine for me  :scratch: (just at the very first post).

Offline Tatu

• Members
My fault,

Firewall Settings.  :whistle:

Offline Captain

• Members
Fantastic work on this script set Mandoble :good:

I must admit I've only had a quick test of the included missions but I was wondering if it would be possible, during player control, that the landings are completely player guided up until the wheels hit the ground and then the script takes over for the rest of the landing and taxiing? I just felt a bit ripped off when I piloted all the landing waypoints myself but then had control removed for the last 150 odd meters. I'd like to guide it to touchdown myself. if this is already a feature then forgive my ignorance.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Well, as a player, you are always free to land planes where you want, you dont really need a raw scripted landing except for these cases where landing would be quite difficult. If what you want are the ISL lights and a landing pre-calculated path for the player, yes, than can be added easily.

Offline Captain

• Members
If what you want are the ISL lights and a landing pre-calculated path for the player, yes, than can be added easily.

Make it so Mandoble, you the man! :D

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Amazing work as usual Mandoble  :good:

I had a blue screen of death and an automatic reset when I tried the verticality demo the first time.. After that everthing was fine.

Yeah, I agree with captain.
ILS is great and very userfriendly, but I would like to land and even taxi myself after piloting all landing waypoints. In fact, I would like to takeof and land it by myself and only use ILS to guide me to the airport.
You could activate ILS when you ask the controltower permission to land via radio.

« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2007, 07:22:23 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline Dodge

• Members
Nice work Mister mando.  :clap:

When an update for Helicopter  ?   ;)
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2007, 19:58:34 by Dodge »

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Mandoble this is a fantastic tool for designers  :yes:.  It really can add a lot of versatility to the air game (something I'm sure mission designers are interested in) as well as add eye candy to the mission.  The readme included is useful for implementing these tools.

If you are designing a mission where the player spys on or finds an enemy base, this download could also really help make the enemy airbase more realistic-- with aircraft practicing landing & taking off, taxi'ng, parking etc.  Very cool.  Also useful for background eye candy at a friendly base, say at the start of a mission. 

Great work!  :D

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Well, I have a couple of issues here:

- Although the Mando_runway demo states that it is demonstrating ejection seats (via a splash message), I could see no evidence of ejection taking place.

- 50% of the time when I ran the Mando_runway demo, I found that the planes crashed into each other while still taxiiing. Not good for a script that is all about taxiing aeroplanes properly (Mandoble has explained that this is a deficiency with the demo, not the script, but you can't demonstrate a script properly if the demo itself is broken). I've had LeeHunt try to replicate this, but it doesn't seem to happen for him. Not sure then, whether it only affects me and thus what to do with this issue.

- When selecting Mando_ILS from an action, if you do more than tap the select action button, then the "welcome" sound effect is garbled. I suspect this is because holding the button down will click the default button on the dialog (closing the dialog) then reselects the action, then reopens the window, then clicks the default button....ad infinitum, meaning that the initial voice message is started over and over again (I've had a similar problem myself). The simple answer to this is to create a button which is default, but can't be seen and has onKillFocus = "(this select 0) ctrlEnable false"; so that the tab order isn't broken. This is also a bug I've seen in OFPEC ILS, since it is based on Mando_ILS.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Sorry, no way to recreate your problem, hope this is graphical enough.

There is no such thing as Mando_ILS  :blink:
You might be talking about mando_land, which shows you ILS marks but it lands the plane for you once you (the player) align the plane with the runway. It has nothing in common with OFPEC_ILS, mando_land doesnt use any dialog/sound, so there is no welcome sound effect and/or actions. In fact, now I have no idea about what script or resource are you talking about.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
That movie certainly shows things perfectly , but I wasn't doubting that it worked, only that it often failed for me. Luckily, I finally realised that one of my addons was most likely at fault and now that I've disabled them all the runway demo has worked perfectly every time (both taxiiing and ejection). I hadn't considered this before, since my "standard" addons just deal with stuff like GUI modifications, blood effects and editor updates, which I hadn't imagined could be causing these problems with planes in your demo (OK, I was naive!). I'll do some proper testing "in the nude", so to speak, now (I'm curious which addon is actually causing the demo to break, though I'm sure it is the addon, not your scripts, that is most likely to be causing the problem).

Mando_ils.intro is actually the name of one of the 3 demos provided in the zip file (which shows off mando_land.sqf). Since there are multiple demos for the scripts used for this group of scripts, I was trying to be specific, but wasn't managing to be clear enough. Oops, I realise now why I thought that it affected both ILSes (I actually found the problem in OFPEC ILS and another script, that included OFPEC ILS, but wasn't anything to do with Mando_ils.intro; sorry!). Nevertheless, the issue I described is definitely a problem with OFPEC ILS.

So, apologies for talking more than my usual measure of tripe, but at least there was the smallest piece of wisdom in there (if only to OFPEC ILS if you use "enter" to select the action)...
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2007, 00:22:16 by Spooner »
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline Captain

• Members
I am looking to implement into a mission a sort of active airway service between sth sarahni, antigua and ramahdi using this script set for takeoff and landings, however I'm running into a few issues or needing to modify the scripts and not knowing how. Anyway I'm unsure how/where (once takeoff is complete) to exec the line for the landing sequence. I have tried a trigger at the end of the runway activated by the plane but the line I'm entering (*) in the on activation of the trigger is coming up with an error that says 'Type Script, Expected Nothing' (forgive my scriptardation). Basically what I want achieve is that (for instance) plane A sits on a runway for 5 minutes then taxis, takes off, + flight time, lands, taxis, waits for 5 minutes and repeats.

* Line entered into on activation of trigger
Code: [Select]
edited - now unimportant
edit: ok, I've got the landing and takeoffs to work (in a very rudimentary multiple triggery sort of way). however I'm having trouble with a couple of things.

1. I can't board the plane through the action menu, only through a radio trigger with a moveincargo command. Each time I click 'Get in DC3 Ride in Back' it teleports me to the getin point outside the plane and will do so each time I click the option but will never board me.

2. I can't get it (the plane) to wait for anything more than a couple of seconds (either by trigger countdown or through the exec line of mando_takeoff.sqf) because with it's engines on it drifts over time and usually ends up in the nearest valley. At which point the takeoff sequence begins and it climbs the hill an takes off like nothing had happened (if it doesn't crash/explode in said valley).

3. Also engine related, but the command to switch off the engine happens as soon as the plane reaches its land waypoint and then taxis the entire runway with it's engines off before turning them back on again at the last taxi waypoint. How do I go about changing mando_land.sqf so that the engines remain on until the final taxi point? so that when I next exec him for take off he turns his engines back on.

4. Once problems 1 & 2 are fixed how can I exec the script so that the pilot isn't waiting for any specific amount of people? now if I put more people on board (movein command only :confused:) the script won't begin and he'll do his valley touring thing again. if anyone would like the mission I can upload it but it requires queens gambit and it has nothing on it except civs, planes, markers and triggers.

Any help Mandoble (or anyone for that matter) would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2007, 05:27:29 by Captain »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Can you attach here a simplifier version of your mission only with the airplane stuff?

Offline Captain

• Members
ok all thats left on this island is the stuff associated with 1 plane leaving from Paraiso and landing at Antigua. I want to have 3 planes (in the end) all leaving Parasio for the 3 other airfields. I'm sure there is a simpler or more effective way of achieving what I'm after without requiring the 6 triggers for each plane I'm currently using. In the end I'm hoping for a mission template that will allow me to merge the airfields, the new Sarahni Electrical Grid and the public transport system (bus) from the mission Sarahni Life.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
After trying the DC3 with simple waypoints, having a pilot outside with a getin waypoint in the plane I found the plane design plus ArmA existing bugs make this plane worthless to even try. Crew refuses to board the plane, they simply dont know from where to board it. If I board it as passenger then the plane doesnt allow me to get out or eject (being me the only one inside the plane). The plane itself is not even able to keep empty and still at its current position in the airfield, it keeps bouncing lightly. I understand what you are trying to simulate are civil air lanes between different airfields but the DC3 seems to be the worst possible option for that.

EDIT: In my tests I didnt use any of my scripts, just standard getin waypoints for crew.
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2007, 12:01:47 by Mandoble »