Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Standing up? Crouch? Prone? check with mando_getpos.sqf (ACCEPTED)  (Read 7514 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Standing up? Crouch? Prone? check with mando_getpos.sqf
« Reply #15 on: 05 Sep 2007, 20:21:35 »
Yes, you are wrong, the script is not depending on any floating point return value from any model  :blink: which floating points returned by any model are you talking about?

« Reply #16 on: 05 Sep 2007, 20:34:07 »
Oh, I see.  This is caused by me mixing your script and manday's scripts together in my head I think.

You're detecting if the model intersects a line at various altitudes, right?  Hence the "_alts = [1.4, 1, 0.2];".  This still means that gigantous and tiny models (there where some of those for ofp that I just couldn't stop lauging at ever) will bug but in general it's not a big issue for most purposes.  Is that understanding correct?

Now, manday's *does* return a floating point indicator of the unit's "spine2".  Meaning that if the unit is made differently then the bis units, it's bounds may change to the unexpected.  Is that understanding correct?

If both of those are correct understandings, then clearly your method is far superior.
Everything I have released for ARMA can be found here.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #17 on: 05 Sep 2007, 20:47:59 »
Yes, these are altitudes to check. Obviously the script is designed to work with normal human units, but in case you need to check the position of a colosus you may modify them at will.

ManDay uses a different aproach, he checks for the existance of a "spine" named section which should be intersected by a vertical rect over the unit, but the _float_spinePos is returned by the intersect command, not by the model config, it is a dynamic value.