Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help me with my mission, please.  (Read 1301 times)

Offline OG

• Members
  • I'm n00b
Help me with my mission, please.
« on: 11 Apr 2007, 11:39:15 »
Ok.
 I am making an mission where you are alone in woods. You have to go into a city nearby, and wait some time
(problem1:i want an radiomessage just like these"cease fire", but i don't know how to do that).
 After that player waits 2-3 minutes and then a chopper comes. When it's above you it will crash down
(trigger: helo1 setfuel 0).
 Then comes another message, where they say that some SLA units are  closing to you. There's some other SF units outside the city, and you must join and lead em'. I did it like this: I maked the trigger and the join and lead waypoint and then synchronized them, but when i come to the city, i must go to the group and thats all i have done yet. After that the group should head to US base near and they would meet some SLA forces.
If you had one shot would ya kill me?

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Re: Help me with my mission, please.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2007, 12:36:17 »
I don't understand your questions... Only the radio messages:

You can do this:
Code: [Select]
us1 sideChat "Hello, I'm a US soldier too..."
If the player is a US (BLUEFOR) soldier, insert an other BLUEFOR soldier to the other side of the island, and name him us1.

Fix bayonet!

Offline mcnorth

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2007, 18:34:48 »
Do you want your radio messages to be audible or readable? When the chopper overhead goes down is it a shoot down kind of thing? if so maybe something a little more explosive than setfuel 0 would be appropriate, preceded by a 20mm cannon audio effect. When you find the guys in the woods do you want them to automatically join or do you want control, like with the action menu? Are you fairly new at this? If so it may be a help for you to post the mission in really basic form (just the key parts you describe) so, rather than just explain, we can show you how something works and maybe save you a lot of headache and frustration.

cheers

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2007, 20:06:00 »
(problem1:i want an radiomessage just like these"cease fire", but i don't know how to do that).

Check out this link. You will find exactly what You are looking for. http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=29114.0
You can use sounds that are included with  the game. Just check Cheetah's cool work, it's all in there.

Cheers.

Jason
Back to the forest!

Offline mcnorth

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2007, 07:56:49 »
Here's a start. Do 001 radio alpha to warp to the city destination. (Who wants to walk when you can fly) Let me know where you want to go from there.