Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ? ((_Unit UnitIQ) <= 18) : GoTo "DumbAss"  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
? ((_Unit UnitIQ) <= 18) : GoTo "DumbAss"
« on: 08 Apr 2007, 01:57:47 »

This is frustrating. I spend hours trying to figure out ways to make my scripts work and come to believe that I'll never get it. Then I find out that ArmA itself is guilty for most of the bugs.

Is there any way at all to make anything at all work at least half way properly when making missions situated in cities??? No AI seem to function when placed in most area of a city. Especially when given waypoints. They just jam there or get stuck in front of walls or steps or nothing at all for no reason. Frustrating.

Or why the hell would a unit watch the ocean when talking to an officer? Especially when I took extra time to script this unit to watch the damn officer when talking to him. The officer is no better; he watches a wall or a cloud or a fly or what not. Man, sometimes they even talk to each other back to back. How fashionable. It is either me (most probably I hope) or the DoWatch command was put there just to look good or make people lose their time with it. Why isn't it just working? Is there an extra command one must use in order to make DoWatch work properly? Like one must use the AssignAsDriver or AssignAsCargo commands before using the OrderGetIn command? Please help.

And has anyone else experienced the same problems when building a mission or part of a mission in a city? Let me know.

Thank You very much people.
Back to the forest!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: ? ((_Unit UnitIQ) <= 18) : GoTo "DumbAss"
« Reply #1 on: 08 Apr 2007, 02:09:55 »
DoWatch unit does not ensure a unit will look at other, not even in OFP. doWatch POSITION does.

unit1 doWatch (unit2 modeltoWorld [0,0,0])

Change [0,0,0] for any relative position you want.

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Apr 2007, 03:10:13 »

Ok, . sounds good. I'll try it out. Thank You Mandoble.
Back to the forest!

Offline FreeBird

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 08 Apr 2007, 12:47:44 »
For conversations U can also use LookAt command.

Example:Put a whole group on the map,write in the leaders init:

Code: [Select]
group1 = group this;units group1 LookAt me
Name the player --->me  8)
Call [This,Birth,School,Work,Death]execVM "Storyofmylife.sqf"
(_this select 1)ObjStatus "DONE";(_this select 2)ObjStatus "DONE";(_this select 3)ObjStatus "ACTIVE";(_this select 4)ObjStatus "HIDDEN";
if not((_this select 0) IsKindOf "Human")ExitWith{PlayMusic"Goodbye Cruel World"}

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 08 Apr 2007, 13:57:40 »

FreeBird, You just saved my life! It works beautifully! Thank You.

Jason
Back to the forest!

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2007, 19:12:11 »
yeh very helpful to me too thanks!!!