Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ArmA Speech Database (sounds.pbo) (ACCEPTED)  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
ArmA Speech Database (sounds.pbo) (ACCEPTED)
« on: 07 Apr 2007, 00:05:35 »
Information

In the past week a topic draw my attention on our OFPEC forums, it was about voice samples available in the game. I decided that it would be good to make a database of all those files to show people that there are lots of samples available to them for use in their missions.

The ASBP, or Armed Assault Speech Database, is an Excel spreadsheet containing information about sound files BIS put into Armed Assault. Most of you probably don't know that BIS put in hundreds of sounds files and most of them can be handy for small, straightforward missions. But as it includes multiple voices actors, even advanced missions can make use of the sounds.

As the name of these files are non-descriptive I made the decision to put them into a database (spreadsheet) so that people can browse the database and then find the sound file. For the people without Excel, I copied all the information into a .txt file for easier access.

Note, that all these sounds files are property of Bohemia Interactive Studios (BIS) and that I only made a database of these files which should only be used in Armed Assault!

Possible / Planned improvements
  • Fixing any spelling errors, note that help from the community - you! - is needed to make this possible!
  • Add additional voice samples found in other parts of ArmA.

Hopefully this database is of any use to the mission authors out there!
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2007, 13:15:44 by Spooner »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
Re: ArmA Speech Database
« Reply #1 on: 07 Apr 2007, 00:10:23 »
Outstanding!  Thanks for the effort.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #2 on: 07 Apr 2007, 13:52:11 »
Awesome! thank you

Offline Andurus

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 07 Apr 2007, 18:05:20 »
This looks great! Nice work, Cheers