Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)  (Read 117929 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #405 on: 18 May 2009, 20:03:01 »
1 - Yes, with mando_radar present in 2.35B, a system works as main radar and also provides targets for other systems.
2 - With the parameters you want to use, you create your own launcher scripts. You may just copy/paste/rename any of these present in the following folders:
mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types -> For MCC systems for players.
mando_missiles\units\attackers -> For automatic systems.
mando_missiles\units\keysets -> For visual launchers for players (HUD based)
mando_missiles\tv\tv_types -> For TV systems for players (on 2.35b)

Each script present in any of these folders represents a missile system and includes the corresponding missile parameters.
In your mission folder you may create a folder named Jynx_missiles and place there your own customizations.

Offline Jynx

• Members
« Reply #406 on: 24 May 2009, 03:47:06 »
is there an official release of 2.35b? all i can ever find a link to is 2.3

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #407 on: 24 May 2009, 10:02:52 »
2.35 is still beta, go one page back and you will find it in the attachment mando_sams_sa2.Intro.zip

Offline p75

• Members
« Reply #408 on: 04 Aug 2009, 08:17:31 »
Hi Mandoble,

I just found out that it is not possible to create a hud/gauge which shows the image of the helicopters camera? I'd like to see something similar in Arma 2 as they accomplished in EECH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoRxDLvclso

Between 3.40 - 4 minutes. There you see the hud/gauge with an image of the camera. And you are able to select multiple targets (like in real life).

As you seem to be on the right way with the Mandoble package could you have a look at tell me if we could make it somehow work in Arma 2? I've already posted a poll here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82441

And if it is not possible I'll confront BIS with the stats and demand they will implement this feature.

Looking forward to your reply.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #409 on: 13 Aug 2009, 14:12:02 »
Hi P75, I think ArmA1 doesnt support two cameras working at the same time, being one your eye and the other the IR camera. Said that, note that I know little, almost nothing, about ArmA2.

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
« Reply #410 on: 13 Aug 2009, 18:50:39 »
Mando, You have a dialog for the TOW under keysets, maybe something like that.

I have no earthly Idea how you got the flir with the boxes around active engines in your
CM and Recon Cams, but maybe something to that effect in the dialog as well?

Though I don't know if there is a way to tell which direction someone is looking,
and not pointing their weapon.

Though there could be some potential there.

Hope that helps!

Luke
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #411 on: 13 Aug 2009, 20:27:11 »
I think what he is looking for is to have the normal cockpit view, but also a camera control in the instrument panel, so, if you look down you will see it. Just like in the video he liked above, and that implies to have two cameras working at the same time.

Offline izaktj

• Members
« Reply #412 on: 20 Mar 2011, 09:32:42 »
Hi,

I happen to use ARMA 1, I know the newest Mando scripts are now for ARMA 2 only. I'm wondering however if the lock on with sounds (IR tone) was ever released? (or play a sound using the keyset file?)

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to modify the "detection" ranges of the AA missiles, as I need to be relatively close to lock on and then fire to a target and the nose has to be almost perfectly aligned with the target. I'm trying to do an "all aspect" missile seeker.

Thanks.

PS: I also speak Spanish, so if you want we can speak that way (easier for both of us?)

Another thing, attachments don't seem to be working and can't download 2.35 version.
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2011, 08:51:23 by izaktj »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #413 on: 22 Mar 2011, 10:26:10 »
izaktj, detection ranges as well as seeker arcs can be changed at will so you may have an all aspect missile. But A1 version was discontinued long time ago, lastest release was 2.35 and it was never updated again. The IR tone was introduced with A2 versions, for A1 there was only a "beep beep" indicating a lock.

Offline izaktj

• Members
« Reply #414 on: 22 Mar 2011, 10:58:00 »
Could you point me a bit to which file has said values?
I tried looking for it at the keysets and mandomissilemislevehicle2.
I made a new keyset and managed to edit the missile models, speeds, etc. However, I don't seem to find how to lock on targets that are not exactly in front of the green cross.

Another question, I'm unable to set joystick buttons into the MMA controls. Is it possible in other way?

Thanks.