Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)  (Read 117944 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #195 on: 18 Jul 2008, 21:06:41 »
only "Bo_GBU12_LGB" seems to work.

Anything that moves works there as long as you provide the correct class, first you are talking about "\missilepack\r-17", then about a p3d comming from GIGA addon. Use a harrier as missile body for example, class "AV8B".

The On Act. field of the trigger of the example mission should look like:
Code: [Select]
res = [launcher1,"AV8B", [0,-5,5], getDir launcher1, 85, 10, 400, 20, scud_target, 5, 3500, 0, 800,    mando_missile_path+"warheads\mando_scudconv.sqf", mando_missile_path+"exhausts\mando_missilesmoke1a.sqf", "mando_missile1", 29, 90,    false, 999, 0, 3, true, false, mando_missile_path+"launch\mando_scudlaunch.sqf", 40, 30, 1, true, 180, 180] execVM "mando_missiles\mando_missile.sqf"
Relative firing position and initial angle slightly adjusted due the size of the harrier.

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
« Reply #196 on: 18 Jul 2008, 21:09:32 »
Mando,

Are you saying to enter the vehicleclass, because I have been trying to enter the .p3d model names.

Thanx for the replies, as always.

Luke

EDIT: Got it working!!

Thank YOU!
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2008, 21:12:59 by Luke »
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #197 on: 18 Jul 2008, 21:14:42 »
Do you ever read what I reply?  >:(

From the provided link about mando missile parameters:

"Missile object class name:
The class of the missile body object. Usually an existing ammo class name or vehicle class name. For a list of existing ammo and vehicle classes check ArmA Ammo classes and ArmA Vehicle classes. For example, "M_Stinger_AA". If you use an ammo class name, consider that all of them have a pre-configured life-time (list of ArmA ammo life times), once that time elapses, ArmA will remove the object automatically. If this happens, the missile script will trigger the warhead detonation at the last known position of the missile object before its automatic deletion.

You may also use any existing vehicle or ammo class name present in any third party addon."

So yes, you can provide also vehicle class names for missile body.

Offline Luke

• Members
« Reply #198 on: 19 Jul 2008, 08:14:46 »
Oh,

So that's what you were getting at.

I read that and nothing clicked until your last post, Sorry.   :-[

I can be pretty dense. :blink:

But still...

Thanx for the repies, as always.

Luke
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #199 on: 02 Aug 2008, 05:44:18 »
Looks like I got everything set up correctly, except I can't call in cruise missiles as I get an error that says:
Cruise missile launcher not present.

This is what I have done so far:

Copied the mando_missiles folder over to my Missions folder.

Added code in Description.ext:
#include "mando_missiles\mando_missile.h"

Added code in Init.sqs:
[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";
Sleep 2;

Now these instructions over at:  http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s/mma_readme.htm#t10 doesn't make sense to me on how to get the cruise missile working. I'm having a problem trying to understand how to make a RIB or PBX (that's placed in the mission) act as the missile carrier.

Any help is appreciated as I'm doing this for my Warfare mission.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #200 on: 02 Aug 2008, 08:41:40 »
Is this question related to mando missiles or to air support console?
If related to air support console you need to set two global vars (directly from the help file):
"
   mando_airsupport_cmissile: Cruise missile launcher (requires mando missile initialized), default value is objNull;
   mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos: Model coordinates of the cruise missile launch position.
"

Offline CrazyAce

• Members
« Reply #201 on: 03 Aug 2008, 10:26:36 »
Oh ok I see now, thanx luke and Mando for helping me. So if I get this right:

mando_airsupport_cmissile: Cruise missile launcher (requires mando missile initialized), default value is objNull;
Would mean the name of the ship in the editor, that goes in the name box.

&
mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos: Model coordinates of the cruise missile launch position.

Now this would be the global position of the ship in the editor which I can then find after placing the object on the map in the mission.sqm file. Like say from the position line:

class Item1090
{
position[]={9350.376953,0.429874,3712.430420};
id=1235;
side="EMPTY";
vehicle="RHIB";
skill=0.600000;
text="thelaunch";
};
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2008, 10:28:36 by CrazyAce »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #202 on: 03 Aug 2008, 11:53:43 »
Ok, please, for Air Support Console questions, use the corresponding thread.

mando_airsupport_cmissile is set to the missile launcher, for example the name of a vehicle placed in the editor.
mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos: Is the relative firing position in model coordinates of the launcher.
This example comes from init.sqf of mando_bombs_mapdlg_mma.Sara demo mission:
mando_airsupport_cmissile = rhib1;
mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos = [0,-4, 1];

Offline Luke

• Members
« Reply #203 on: 04 Aug 2008, 01:35:06 »
How would I get 12 rockets to fall in a randomly in a 50 meter circle? (MLRS style  :P)

Luke

What do you think of this??

(Requires GIGAN's SCUD)
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2008, 03:11:15 by Luke »
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #204 on: 05 Aug 2008, 14:38:09 »
Just place 12 targets (might be gamelogics) inside your 50m circle, and fire 12 missiles one per target. You will also need to play with trajectory parameters (cruise alt, ininitial guidance mode set to 0 and final active seeker range) to get the desired trajectory "shape".

Offline Luke

• Members
« Reply #205 on: 30 Aug 2008, 01:22:20 »
Mando, was wondering.

How does the REMOTE system work?

The idea I have is an air_remote style of system where you have a mando_attacker,
but rather than fire missiles, mark targets (via the "REMOTE" type) for other mando launchers/guns when they are in range of the launcher/gun.
But without being fired upon by gunships, LGBs, etc.

That way, without the radar, the launchers/guns will not work making the radar a high value target,
and a plane might get a radar warning without a missile to follow.

Wondering if it was possible/something you like.

Luke

Edit: Also do you think there is a work around to having a sam fire more than one missile at a target,
when one will do?

Example: two harriers fly towards a sam, it engages one repeatedly until it is shot down, then moves on.
How about firing one missile at each, then wait till the missile explodes + .5, if target not destroyed, fire again.
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2008, 01:35:25 by Luke »
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #206 on: 30 Aug 2008, 21:28:46 »
About remote system, yes, it is not only possible but also intented to be used in a similar way and an example is included in the pack: mando sonobuoy does exactly that for surface or underwater contacts (the demo is included in the pack).

BUT remote targets are detected by "others" so that means that the firing unit might not have line of sight with the target, so make sure for the case of SAMs to configure them with almost vertical launch angle in mode 0 and a safe cruise altitude (200m or more). If the target is already inside the active range of the missile, it will switch immediately to mode 2 (active) and then it will purse the target following and interception course (cruise alt is not considered there).

About SAMs firing not only against the closest target (if it was already attacked), it is also included in 2.4 (except against missiles, if a missile is inbound it has max priority).

Offline Luke

• Members
« Reply #207 on: 31 Aug 2008, 07:51:35 »
I looked but am still confused.
How would I go about doing this?
I plan to have a site with one radar unit and the rest just waiting its lock on, much akin to the set-up of an SA-2 Guideline.
That way the radar becomes the target, and the launchers slaved to the designated target.
BTW I would like to know it anti-radar strikes work agains "REMOTE" seeking targets,
because I don't want a HARM going after the missile rails.

About SAMs firing not only against the closest target (if it was already attacked), it is also included in 2.4 (except against missiles, if a missile is inbound it has max priority).

I take it 2.4 is nearly ready for release?

If so, then I look forward to it!

Luke

Removed unnecessary quote - Planck
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2008, 12:24:35 by Planck »
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Kremator

• Members
« Reply #208 on: 31 Aug 2008, 12:37:22 »
Hope you had a good holiday Mandoble.  Can't wait for 2.4 !

[TAO] Kremator

Offline Luke

• Members
« Reply #209 on: 07 Sep 2008, 22:52:58 »
Mando,
Is there an option for 'cold' sam launch a-la the russian tor?

I know there is an option to allow the rocket to delay after firing, but only then propelled via gravity.

(cold means the missile is ejected before the rocket ignites, see here.)

Luke
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.