Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)  (Read 117924 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #150 on: 02 Apr 2008, 14:05:21 »
DesertPhoenix is working on a quite interesting missile pack which you may integrate with any mando missile launcher.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #151 on: 15 Apr 2008, 01:16:25 »
Kaio's Nimitz with some added toys: USS Nimitz with Mando Missiles and Mando Guns.

init.sqf setup for script suite version:
Code: [Select]
// Mando missile initialization
[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";
Sleep 1;

// Mando gun initialization
[]execVM"mando_gun\mando_guncheck.sqf";
[]execVM"mando_gun\mando_guneffects.sqf";

Sleep 1;

// USS Nimitz named ship1 setup
if (isServer) then
{
// Automatic systems
   // Simulated phalanx (Antiair - antimissile)
   [ship1, 3, ["Air"], 200, 100, 2500, 1000, 17, 20, [0.6,0.6], 4, true, "", "B_23mm_AA", [20,115,10], 1.5, [90,60], 0,[east,

sideEnemy], true, true, false, "","", "mando_gun"]execVM"mando_gun\mando_gunattacker.sqf";
   Sleep 1;
   [ship1, 3, ["Air"], 200, 100, 2500, 1000, 17, 20, [0.6,0.6], 4, true, "", "B_23mm_AA", [-35,-145,6], 1.5, [160,-100], 0,[east,

sideEnemy], true, true, false, "","", "mando_gun"]execVM"mando_gun\mando_gunattacker.sqf";
   Sleep 1;
   [ship1, 3, ["Air"], 200, 100, 2500, 1000, 17, 20, [0.6,0.6], 4, true, "", "B_23mm_AA", [30,-160,5], 1.5, [160,100], 0,[east,

Sleep 1;
   // 24 Seasparrow (Antiair - antimissile)
   [ship1, 3, ["Air"], 24, 1000, 6000, 6, [35,100,12], [180, 60], 0, [east,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 25]

exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_seasparrow.sqs";
   Sleep 1;
   [ship1, 3, ["Air"], 24, 1000, 6000, 6, [-35,90,12], [180, -60], 0, [east,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 25]

Sleep 1;
   [ship1, 3, ["Air"], 24, 1000, 6000, 6, [-35,-147,6], [170, -90], 0, [east,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 25]

};

For some reason, that ship returns a position with a Z over ground > 1.8m, which confuses current version of MMA 2.3 (being near 2m over ground it is considered air launcher, and launch positions are switched firing from left wing pilot <-> right wing pilon). Hope Kaio fix this issue. Meanwhile, and if you are using the script suite, open mando_missiles\units\mando_missileattacker.sqf, look for:
            if ((abs(_firingpos select 0) > 0) && ((_posdisp select 2) > 1.5)) then
            {
               _firingPos set [0, -(_firingpos select 0)];
            };

and change by:
            if ((abs(_firingpos select 0) > 0) && ((_posdisp select 2) > 3)) then
            {
               _firingPos set [0, -(_firingpos select 0)];
            };

Offline ssgt.luis

• Members
« Reply #152 on: 17 Apr 2008, 03:50:38 »
how do you install this?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #153 on: 17 Apr 2008, 11:57:31 »
Do you mean this? Or the specific setup of a missile launcher?

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #154 on: 20 Apr 2008, 21:49:00 »
Hey Mandoble, wonder if you can help me.  I'm trying to set up a SAM network on a mission, i have copied files over from the mma version of the map_dlg that was with the air support console.  Thing is when i start the mission i get this error. http://bobsquad.gamingdeluxe.co.uk/Images/Error.JPG 

Any ideas what the problem is, the SAM seems to lock and fire fine, so i dont know whats up.

EDIT1: Sorted m8, forgot about the sam2 in the init.sqf

Erm although i wonder if u could shed some light on the next question.  Would it be possible to decrease the SAM site range when a trigger goes off?   

E.g  Sam coverage can be reduced when say a radio tower gets destroyed.  This makes the sam site only fire if aircraft getting closeish.

Hope that makes sense.

EDIT2: Sorry just another quickie, can i enter something into the init.sqf to give planes the flare system like the choppers?  and will the AI use this automatically?

Cheers.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2008, 22:33:44 by Shadow.D. ^BOB^ »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #155 on: 20 Apr 2008, 23:07:11 »
You cannot reduce the range of SAMs, but if you have several ones, you may turn some of them off if a radio tower is destroyed, and keep them off while the radio tower keeps destroyed.

To turn an AI SAM off you may:
1 - Set its combat mode to "BLUE"
or
2 - use mando_missiles\units\mando_attackeronoff.sqf

EDIT: the flares for planes are the same as for choppers, for example:
[myplane, 400, 1, 2, true, 0]"mando_missiles\units\mando_missileecm.sqf"Execute that server side.

The mando_missileecm.sqf parameters are the following:

- Unit that has the CHAFF or FLARES packs
- Minimum distance beetween incomming missile and the unit to drop flares or chaff
- Type: 0 - Chaff, 1 - Flares
- Number of chaff or flares packs, each usage substracs one to this initial quantity
- radio: true/false, if unit sends radio messages indicating a missile incomming, chaff or flares dropped, missile evaded, etc.
- reactiontime (optional): The unit will wait a random number of seconds between 0 and this value before dropping countermeasures. This parameter is optional, if not provided the reaction delay time will be 0 seconds.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2008, 23:12:09 by Mandoble »

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #156 on: 21 Apr 2008, 01:03:27 »
Will this work for a playable plane aswell Mandoble?

Sorry newbish question, where would i execute the script?  in the init.sqf?

cheers.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #157 on: 21 Apr 2008, 01:30:55 »
Yes, while I prefer manual countermeasures for playable planes.

You may execute it in init.sqf for each of your units with automatic countermeasures or in the init field of these units.

Offline JZig86

• Members
« Reply #158 on: 21 Apr 2008, 04:40:35 »
Thanks Mandoble for directing me here!

As I stated in another thread, I am not the greatest when it comes to scripting. What
I would like to do is incorporate Mando Missiles into one of my missions I am making, but have no idea on how to do it.    I want to spawn/create a few missiles through a trigger, lunch them through a game logic, and the missles should target and impact a few different objects.

Any kind of help would be very much appreciated.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #159 on: 21 Apr 2008, 09:27:21 »
So, what you want is to execute individual shots from a gamelogic against some targets. To achieve that you only need to execute mando_missile.sqf once for each of these shots.

For example:
/*
   your_launch_script.sqf
   Basic individual missile launch script
   usage: res=[yourgamelogic, atarget]execVM"your_launch_script.sqf"
*/
private["_launcher", "_target", "_dir"];
_launcher = _this select 0;
_target = _this select 1;
_dir = ((getPos _target select 0)-(getPos _launcher select 0)) atan2 ((getPos _target select 1)-(getPos _launcher select 1));

[_launcher, "Bo_GBU12_LGB", [0,0,2], _dir, 89, 0, 250, 100, _target, 5, 2000, 0, 400, "mando_missiles\warheads\mando_missilehead2a.sqf", "mando_missiles\exhausts\mando_missilesmoke1a.sqf", "mando_missile1", 29, 100, true, 5, 0, 0, true, true, "mando_missiles\launch\mando_scudlaunch.sqf", 25, 25, 1, true, 180, 180] execVM "mando_missiles\mando_missile.sqf";

Of course, you need also to set up your mission for mando missile use following these steps.

You may play with the launch parameters at will, to test them you may use mando_missile_lab.sara mission.

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #160 on: 21 Apr 2008, 17:39:52 »
User controlled flares would probably be better definatly, erm your gonna hit me soon  :D

I had a look and executed the mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf script, i assume there's more i need to do to get it to work, as it isnt atm.
**Sorted that bit**

Sorry for all these questions, just trying to get my head around your missiles while doing the same with DAC2 :)

EDIT1:  Yet another question, i know its possible to havee the playerr rearm flares/missiles at a ural or truck.  My question is, can enemy AI do the same?  The SAM sites in my mission have been reduced to having 5 missiles per unit (to stop the almost continous launch).  I would like them to be abl to fire more bu have to reload them first.  Would this be possible?
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2008, 18:22:22 by Shadow.D. ^BOB^ »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #161 on: 21 Apr 2008, 21:38:39 »
Yes, AI will reload automatically if an ammo truck is near.

Offline JZig86

• Members
« Reply #162 on: 22 Apr 2008, 03:02:41 »
I have tried what you suggested, but I still cannot get it to work. I've tried taking apart some othr missions that use the script, but those were just too complex for me.   :confused:

Is there any possibility you could send me a very small test mission with a trigger and gamelogic that fires a missile once the trigger is activated? That way I could really see how everything needs to be set up so I can build off of that. Thanks in advance!!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #163 on: 22 Apr 2008, 09:11:04 »
Basic example with two targets (a near chopper and a far away tank) and two radio triggers. The basic firing script is basic_missile.sqs, inside you will find all the firing parameters so you may play with them at will. This example uses the addon, so you dont need to modify or create any description.ext file.
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2008, 20:13:33 by Mandoble »

Offline JZig86

• Members
« Reply #164 on: 23 Apr 2008, 00:44:10 »
Thank you Mando!!  :clap:

Ill will go check it out and ill report back. Thanks again!