Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)  (Read 117940 times)

Offline Kremator

• Members
Re: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #255 on: 09 Oct 2008, 00:56:12 »
Totally agree Luke !

He's a little tinker  :D

I'm sure it will be ready when its ready !

As long as its soon.

[TAO] Kremator

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #256 on: 12 Oct 2008, 21:16:15 »
New Mando TV system applied for Pirate IRST (EF2000 Sidewinders) and Litening III targeting pod (AGM65 and/or GBUs).

MMA 2.35 working with FFAA Eurofighter AT

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #257 on: 13 Oct 2008, 14:58:25 »
Holy cow, Mando O.o That's...like...very very impressive.

If I knew the first thing about flying and simulation I'd be tempted to make some kind of mission using your scripts. For now though I think it's enough to equip flying saucers with proper countermeasures and kickass super-fast missiles :P

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
« Reply #258 on: 14 Oct 2008, 03:04:35 »
Will there be an option where only the remote targets mode will be selectable?

Luke
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Kremator

• Members
« Reply #259 on: 14 Oct 2008, 16:49:05 »
Now this is an interesting idea.  Instead of having lots of different loadouts Mandoble could make the targets selectable (like the setup box for mando bombs) where you could choose SEAD / HARM or STRIKE or CAP or LASER GUIDED.  I hope you get what I mean, but that way you could give choice to the pilot BEFORE he flies as to his loadout but making sure that he can't blow everything up.

[TAO] Kremator

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #260 on: 15 Oct 2008, 01:44:41 »

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #261 on: 15 Oct 2008, 06:04:30 »
Question about the pirate system. Does it allow the solo pilot to really look thru a bottom mounted camera like that? Seems like that is a 2 seater only type of thing. The A10 has the listening pod, but it seems like you could only look at the target and then lock on, not use the camera.
CTI SectorLink
Version: Beta 7
http://hosted.filefront.com/Spyder001/

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #262 on: 15 Oct 2008, 06:42:20 »
The Pirate IRST is not bottom mounted but upper left nose mounted in the EF2000, the Litening III is mounted as a pod under the belly or wing of the plane. Now what do you mean with "using" the camera? moving it? With the Litening you can move it at will. Pirate is a "black" ball which covers all the frontal sector of the ef2000 (this limiation is also simulated). The Pirate camera is enslaved to Pilot head movement with info displayed over pilot's monocule or glasses (helment mounted sight), the Pirate camera itself is controled by pilot's head movements.

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #263 on: 15 Oct 2008, 20:03:57 »
Thanks Mando! Just wondering, yes i meant moving it.
CTI SectorLink
Version: Beta 7
http://hosted.filefront.com/Spyder001/

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #264 on: 16 Oct 2008, 12:44:54 »
NEW MMA 2.35 open beta availabe to the first post of this thread.

Attached to the first post you will find AH1W_MMA235.Intro.zip, which is a small beta test mission of MMA 2.35B. Do not mirror, do not include it into any addon and use it only for testing purposes as MMA 2.35 is already quite close to be public.

Example video of MMA 2.35B

Offline Luke

• Members
« Reply #265 on: 17 Oct 2008, 05:55:01 »
Mando,

How's about a "change ammo type while the mission is running" option for the lite gun?

Luke

EDIT: Also, would it be possible to disable the creation of a remote logic when targeting for the gun?
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2008, 06:21:46 by Luke »
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #266 on: 18 Oct 2008, 10:06:03 »
Guns will not generate remote targets in next beta.
You cannot change the ammo for the same gun (there would be a problem for ammo counting), but you can add several guns to the same unit simulating same gun with different ammo types.
In next beta you will be able to select the ammo type for each gun.

Offline Luke

• Members
« Reply #267 on: 18 Oct 2008, 20:10:28 »
For the designation statement:

Rather than disable it, I suggest an option in the guncam window to turn it on/off.

Luke
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #268 on: 18 Oct 2008, 21:49:48 »
Second v2.35 beta available (AH1W_MMA235_B2.Intro.zip), check bottom of first post.

The beta is ready to test AH1-Z (for gunner), AV8B (GBU), A10 and USEC C130. You may change the default pilot's vehicle on the map from AH1Z to any of these to test their systems.

Some changes:
- Camera limits working.
- Added IR AA missile growling sound and ground target locked-on sounds.
- BIS LGBs can now be used too (as well as rockets in case you want to transform them into guided rockets).
- You may fire the gun also without a locked-on target.
- You may set sound, dispersion and ammo type for each gun.
- Included a delay between firing and firing as parameter.
- Added setups for AH1Z, AV8B (GBU), A10 and USEC C130 system into the init.sqf of the demo mission.
- Gun locks doesnt generate remote targets anymore.
- Added instructions and parameters and globals explanation to mando_missiles\tv\mando_missile_tv.sqf header.

Offline oktane

• Members
  • Some day this war's gonna end..
    • 506th PIR
« Reply #269 on: 19 Oct 2008, 05:27:31 »
    Mando, your scripts are fantastic! Thank you for sharing them with the community.

Some Suggestions:
    • Camera Movement
    On movable cameras, allow right click drag to quickly move the camera around.(similar to the BIS map) It takes a bit of math to convert that but we know you're great at that. This would allow quick movement in an intuitive fashion, rather than wait for slow scrolling edge detection.
    • Sharing of Player and AI meta-variable system
    The AI scripts work great, but they don't share any of the dynamic variables of the player controlled counterparts. Example: Ammo counts for AI launcher and Player GUI are separate. Player launcher uses object assigned variables and pubvars, but AI doesn't so they don't share ammo counts. Unification of all scripts that launch missiles will enable player commanded 'AI replacement' of any vehicle in any mission, including hybrid coop/PvP like Warfare and coop w/ Ai like Evolution. If a player empties a Mando Replaced TOW Stryker(type1=0, bis ammo=0), then orders an AI in to activate fake Mando AI script, AI script will have reset ammo count(type1=12). These changes would make things a lot more flexible and make your script a drop in replacement for dumb BIS AI.
    • Rearm Script
    The rearm script for the player is running on each player as a loop rather than being attachable to vehicle or object.  If the rearm script was changed a bit to be attached to an object, both player and AI could use it. (if ordered to it, or close to ammotruck if unit is static) This has the same advantages as the previous point, improved coherency of AI/Player mando.
    • LOS Check
    In our Mando Warfare(missile capable vehicles are mando only, no bis ammo - Player(all mando)+AI(all mando cept Air units)), we have a lot of situations where ground mobile or static AI launchers continuously fire into hillsides and such.. I'm thinking on jagged hills the LOS check is flaking a bit? This causes players to hide behind something and milk the launcher for all its ammo, then when its run out they will destroy the unit. I tried using various KnowsAbout values to improve this situation, but it seems that then they wont fire at all/much less in some cases. Its become an exploit in a way. Do you have any suggestions?
    • Min Alt Tweak
    This is just an idea that I implemented somewhat, but you will probably do it properly if you are interested. When a AI launcher sees a target, the target must be above a certain altitude or they wont fire. However, this can lead to a crafty player coming in at very low altitude until right next to AI launcher making for an easy kill. So I changed it a bit where the AI launcher will ignore the min altitude check if the unit is less than 150m distance from it, simulating a kind of AI visual target(eyeballs) rather than radar.
    • Key Handlers
    Consider use of extended key handlers such as SPON or other standard key event sharing solution for compatibility with addons that use keys.

Even if you don't change anything, Mando Missiles/Bombs/Hitch are the most impressive scripts I have ever seen. Huge improvements all without pbo addons!

Thanks again, all of your scripts have really changed this game into something fantastic. The beta looks great!
-oktane
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2008, 07:46:10 by oktane »
http://www.506th-pir.org/ -- RIP Radishville :( -- BIS forum name: oktane