Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)  (Read 118814 times)

Offline Nixer6

• Members
Re: Mando Missile ArmA (DO NOT SUBMIT)
« Reply #135 on: 11 Mar 2008, 20:10:53 »
I changed the rof (rate of fire) to 2 in the parameters.

This is using the last public beta.

I did add this line at the begginning of the script...the older .sqs BTW.
Code: [Select]
?(!isServer): exit
Here's the whole init.sqf block that deals with the AI SAM's:
// Setup 8 weak AI SAMs
_posunit = 0;
_ttype = ["Air"];
_quantity = 12;
_minrange = 100;
_maxrange = 2750;
_rof = 2;
_pos = [0,1,2];
_scan = 360;
_mink = 0;
_enemies = [west,sideEnemy];

if (isServer) then
{
[sam1, _disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";
Sleep 1;
[sam2, _disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";
Sleep 1;
[sam3, _disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";
Sleep 1;
[sam4, _disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";
Sleep 1;
[shilka1, _disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";
Sleep 1;
[shilka2, _disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";
Sleep 1;
[shilka3, _disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";
Sleep 1;
[shilka4, _disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";
Sleep 1;
[shilka5, _disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";
Sleep 1;
};

Also the crew of at least one of the AI SAM vehicles disembarks and the re-embarks via a trigger.
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #136 on: 11 Mar 2008, 21:15:24 »
remove "_disp, "
in the example, _disp = samunit, but you are already providing that unit as first argument, so you are messing up all of them.

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #137 on: 11 Mar 2008, 21:44:38 »
I hoped it was something simple. Thanks Mando.

Except for the lack of radar warning, we had >20 folks online playing that mission last night and it went very smoothly. Everybody on our server loves your missiles and counter measures. It makes my amatuerish mission look great. Working on a more professional mission for the future.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #138 on: 11 Mar 2008, 21:51:24 »
There is no lack at all of radar warning.

EDIT: I assume your description.ext setup is correct.

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #139 on: 11 Mar 2008, 22:56:51 »
It must have been not working because of the extra parameter. I believe some radar guided missiles were launched, but I am not positive.

I am testing later today.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #140 on: 11 Mar 2008, 22:59:25 »
In fact, with that extra parameter I'm quite surprised any missile was fired at all.

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #141 on: 12 Mar 2008, 15:12:45 »
Once again thanks for the solution. Seems to be working just fine now.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Re: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #142 on: 24 Mar 2008, 18:58:54 »
Mando Missile ArmA 2.3 is now available  :D

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #143 on: 24 Mar 2008, 21:46:13 »
Congrats Mando on another great resource.  :clap:

Offline ApocalypseDan

• Members
« Reply #144 on: 25 Mar 2008, 11:58:46 »
I have managed to get This Little beauty Working Using The Game Logic System it Is The Best Thing Since God Made Tobacco  :cool2:

I have Made Some Custom Missiles And I want to Put them In To My Missions I have Gone over the read me and it dose explain it But i am missing the point as i can not find any reference to What i have generated in missile lab and Mando_missile.sqf (Where in the Sqf do i put it .What i mean by that is do i have to write a script or can i just change one of the luncher to lunch my missiles )BTW i have downloaded the Naval Missile pack By Desert Fox They are Amazing Tomahawk3 is my favorite any help please from a Newbie scripter  :dunno:

also how do i go about adding Descriptive.txt and init.sqf info from mandos pack into my Text Descriptive.txt and Init.sqf
as i cant seem to find any where that explains it for example is it possible to add all the Sections of 2.3 together so you have the full Monty running together in the same mission
i am totally playing out my league and i normally make really basic missions no game logic(how many do i have to have on my mission) or anything like that. i have read most of Ofpec help and tutor's but they stop as it is getting in to the important stuff please is there anyone who is willing to explain this most awesome mod and how to integrate it a bit better than in the read me  he was expecting only scripting Guru's to take an interest in it but there are many people like me that are scratching there heads at this one  :dunno:

Cheers and Mando Really Top class work  ApocalypseDan   :good:
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2008, 02:08:08 by ApocalypseDan »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #145 on: 26 Mar 2008, 10:55:30 »
Well, as you know there are two ways to use mando missile arma 2.3, script suite or addon. script suite is the folder mando_missiles and addon is the file mando_missiles.pbo.

If you dont want to make your mission dependant on any external addon, then the best option is to use the script suite following these steps:
1 - Copy mando_missiles folder into your mission folder.
2 - If you dont have a description.ext file, create it, else open it. (description.ext file is a text file with dialogs, sounds and titles defined).
3 - Open your description.ext file and add the following lines at the top:
// Needed for Mando Missile ArmA
#include "mando_missiles\mando_missile.h"
// End of Needed for Mando Missile ArmA
4 - Look for class RscTitles into your description.ext
         - If you did find it, add the following line inside that class definition.
#include "mando_missiles\mando_missiletitles.h"

- If your description.ext file doesnt have any class RscTitles, add one:
class RscTitles
{
};

5 - Look for class CfgSounds into your description.ext
         - If you did find it, add the following line inside that class definition.
#include "mando_missiles\mando_sounds.h"

- If your description.ext file doesnt have any class CfgSounds, add one:
class CfgSounds
{
   sounds[] = {};
};

This is a basic example of description.ext file to be used with mando missile script suite:
//description.ext file

#include "mando_missiles\mando_missile.h"

class RscTitles
{
};

class CfgSounds
{
   sounds[] = {};

};

Note that each time you modify description.ext file, you need to reload the mission from the editor for the changes to take effect.

6 - Open your init.sqf file, if your mission dont have any, create one (again, a simple text file).
Add the following line there:
[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";
Ok, now you may proceed to create your missile launchers, etc.

But if you prefer to use the addon, then you dont need to add anything to the description.ext nor init.sqf, you only need to place a single Mando Missile ArmA gamelogic in your map. Of course you will need to have the addon inside your addons folder.

Optionally, you may not include any gamelogic there, but then you need to execute mando missile initialization from your init.sqf (note that this time the script path starts with "\":
[]execVM"\mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";
If you use the addon, you dont need mando_missiles folder inside your mission folder.

And that's all. As you can see, not that difficult at all  ;)

EDIT:
Almost forgot, about your other question related to Mando Missile Lab. This mission allows you to test any missile parameter, which may then be used to:
- Fire individual missiles, as described in mando_missile_test.sara demo mission.
- Use these parameters to configure your own automatic missile launchers, for example starting with a script similar to any of these included into mando_missiles\units\attackers and then modifying the parameters there. Or using these parameters directly as missile input parameters for mando_missileattacker.sqf (which is the AI launcher management script).
- Use these parameters to configure your own specific MCC launchers for players (like these present inside \mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types folder).
- Use these parameters to configure your own specific visual launchers for players (like these present inside mando_missiles\units\keysets folder).
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2008, 11:54:43 by Mandoble »

Offline booz

• Members
« Reply #146 on: 26 Mar 2008, 15:39:01 »
Hi there.

I'm using Mando Missiles 2.3 and i've got a little problem with the missile lab mission. I cant change some properties like the Guidance Delay or the ground avoidance. I can change it but the modifications arent used by the missiles. Also, some time i have troubles changing the guidance mode. Did i missed some "validate changes" button or is it a bug?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2008, 15:40:43 by booz »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #147 on: 26 Mar 2008, 16:53:40 »
Did i missed some "validate changes" button or is it a bug?

No and no, the changes are validated as soon as you click fire button (are you using 1.08 or are you using a beta?). What do you mean by "The modifications are not used by the missiles"? Guidance delay is the time after lauch where the missile will keep flying in the launch direction before guiding itself towards the target. Terrain avoilance is not active when the missile is flying in mode 2 (active). If your target is closer than active range, the missile will switch from any initial mode to mode 2 at launch time.

Offline booz

• Members
« Reply #148 on: 26 Mar 2008, 21:30:10 »
I'm on Arma 1.11 beta without queens gambit.
I ran a few more tests, and for some reason, sometime the thing have troubles switching to different seeking modes, but finally ran a correct test in mode 0 so ground avoidance works well. But the "guidance delay" is still not working. Normally with a launch angle of 85° and 30 of guidance delay the missile should go straight for like 20 seconds and then begin to head for the target, but thats not happening. Or maybe i'm misunderstanding the way guidance delay affects the missile.

Anyway, great job!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #149 on: 26 Mar 2008, 22:14:24 »
Good finding  :clap:, "control time" parameter has not effect now :whistle:, will fix it ASAP.

On the other hand, ground avoidance works well.

EDIT:
Quick fix to have "control time" parameter working again:
1 - Open mando_missile.sqf and look for
         _controltime = 99999;
         _deltah01 = _hdegreessec01 * _delay;
         _deltav01 = _vdegreessec01 * _delay;
         _deltah2 = _hdegreessec2 * _delay;
         _deltav2 = _vdegreessec2 * _delay;

Change it by
         _controltime = 99999;
         _deltah01 = _hdegreessec01;
         _deltav01 = _vdegreessec01;
         _deltah2 = _hdegreessec2;
         _deltav2 = _vdegreessec2;

Look for
      if (_mode == 2) then
      {
         _climb = _climb + (_climbdir * ((_vdegreessec2 * _deltatime) min 2));
      }
      else
      {
         _climb = _climb + (_climbdir * ((_vdegreessec01 * _deltatime) min 2));
      };

Change it by:
      if (_mode == 2) then
      {
         _climb = _climb + (_climbdir * ((_deltav2 * _deltatime) min 2));
      }
      else
      {
         _climb = _climb + (_climbdir * ((_deltav01 * _deltatime) min 2));
      };

Look for
   if (_mode == 2) then
   {
      _firstaim = false;
      _dir = _dir + (_turn * (((_hdegreessec2 * _deltatime) min 2) min _difabs));
   }
   else
   {
      _dir = _dir + (_turn * (((_hdegreessec01 * _deltatime) min 2) min _difabs));
   };

and change it by:
   if (_mode == 2) then
   {
      _firstaim = false;
      _dir = _dir + (_turn * (((_deltah2 * _deltatime) min 2) min _difabs));
   }
   else
   {
      _dir = _dir + (_turn * (((_deltah01 * _deltatime) min 2) min _difabs));
   };