Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: comment, problem, question.  (Read 1781 times)

EX_GRUNT

comment, problem, question.
« on: 23 Oct 2002, 09:40:38 »
Hi all ;D

Comment; This site rocks

Problem; I can't access my instant messages since 3 days.
Nothing has changed on my side. ( cookies, browser... )  I do this from work and from home. Both AOL ( I know, AOL sucks.) The only thing I can think of was that 3 days ago I tried to delete some old messages from my ( ofpec ) mailbox because I thought it would speed up my crappy connection and when I tried to delete, I got this error message:   "HACKER ?"    Man, I have a hard time "hacking" my wife.... a computer ??? I can access the forums with no problem. 3 days ago everything was fine and dandy........I read through the "bug thread" here but diden't read about a problem like this :(

So now the question; WHAT THE PHUCK OVER?

I don't know where else to put this thread, TIA. ;D

..............grunt.............................................

ps, when I say "instant message" , I mean PM ( of course )
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2002, 10:03:35 by EX_GRUNT »

Backoff

Re:comment, problem, question.
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2002, 21:02:46 »
Hi EX_GRUNT,

We will take a look at your problem and try to find a fix.

thanks for your patience

EX_GRUNT

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2002, 05:01:14 »
backoff,  thanx dude.

Patience is about the only thing I have left ;D I just came online and saw that I have another message ( that I can't view :(  )  I just don't want anyone to think I'm snubbing them
 :(  I know you guys are busy and all that. I diden't mention this in my first post but...( sometimes ) when I try to check my messages, some other dudes name comes up on the screen. Like for instance; "[FCF]galcomt", you have 0 messages. WTF? a couple days ago it was some other members name. Do you think I should cancel my account and re-apply with another name? I'm glad your working on it though, because it sucks having to e-mail people and explain this whole situation :P One thing for sure. I can access any part of ofpec except "PM".

thanx again,

grunt

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2002, 10:31:53 »
this is the single most wierd problem we have had with the forums so far.

i have extensively error checked both the cookie loading and instantmessage.php code and found no problems, and i have also checked the database for any issues.

there are none that i can find :-\

i then took the liberty of bypassing the password checking and essentially logging in as you, EX_GRUNT, and I loaded the instant message page with no problems.

there are a couple of things you could try:

• log out then log back in
  • delete cookies

in IE go tools -> options -> delete cookies

• try logging in from a different computer

the hacker message you saw was not from the forum - there is no 'hacker' checking in the forum code - that is done by the actual server itself i believe.

I am out of my league when it comes to the server itself, mainly because i am on the other side of the world from it, but please try the three things listed above and let me know here how you go.

note: this is the first time i have ever bypassed a users password, or accessed the instant message table in the database. please rest assured that i did so for testing only and all instant messages are held in the strictest confidence by OFPEC staff.

as an aside: passwords are encrypted on the server so I don't actually know what your password is, EX_GRUNT - i had to actually bypass the password check in the forum code to conduct the tests.

one last thing: if the measures listed above do not work, please copy/paste the EXACT error message you receive here.

cheers

snYpir
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

EX_GRUNT

« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2002, 14:44:43 »
Thanx snYpir

After trying all that it still don't work ???

Oh well, at least I can still get on the Forums :)