Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Buttons/switches  (Read 2226 times)

Offline dodgeman55

• Members
  • no, not the car brand!
Buttons/switches
« on: 14 Feb 2007, 14:04:23 »
I had a good idea, and I dont think it can be found elsewhere...
how about a 'buttons and switches' addon, so they are objects that are basically a selection of buttons, levers and stuff that can execute a script when used, so you could use it to open large doors, launch a missile, blow something up... the possibilities are endless!!
would this be feasable/possible/already existant?
think outside the box, and blow it up

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
Re: Buttons/switches
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2007, 14:56:16 »
Most likely this would be a dialogue (scripting) which you could combine with a custom action
attached to an object.

Now off course one could now come up with a detailed keyboard/pad object but i doubt it's
worth it.

Also there already exist a few of those objects (e.g: a tresor addon).

~S~  CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Offline dodgeman55

• Members
  • no, not the car brand!
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2007, 14:17:01 »
I mean an actual static object in-game, like you can find in some aircraft hanger addons, to open doors. you just go up to it and the action menu says "open doors" or similar.
think outside the box, and blow it up

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 07 Nov 2008, 12:49:51 »
Simply for the sake of future readers of this post I will make a suggestion to help bring some sort of remedy to this members concern.....addaction is a command found in the comref and can be used on any object on the map. The basic syntax is ....              objectname addaction ["Throw the switch", "switch.sqs"] 
objectname = the name of the object that you are adding the action to.
Throw the switch = Represents the text that appears in the action menu and can be whatever you desire.
switch.sqs = the name of the script that will perform the action.(path to the script must also be included)
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2008, 17:17:21 by Planck »