Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Group Spawner Script (OBSOLETE)  (Read 6181 times)

Offline colligpip

• Members
Re: Group Spawner Script
« Reply #15 on: 15 Mar 2007, 21:53:25 »
Is it posible to have this so that when no player is near the group disapear then when near reapers. You could relaly fill the whole island then. as it is if you trigger them they dont disapear so you can get alg if you run about a lot. UNless i have missed somthing

Offline myke13021

• Contributing Member
  • Myke
« Reply #16 on: 15 Mar 2007, 23:09:29 »
sadly the script doesn't support some sort of caching units when no player is near. But usually you design a map with several Mission targets. Then it is easy to start the script in staggered order. Instead of start the script at mission beginning, you tell the trigger to fire (and therefor start the script) once previous objective is done.

However, it would be nice to have caching abilities and as soon i get the idea how to solve this, i'll for sure introduce this into the script. But for now i suggest you do it the way dscribed above.

Offline colligpip

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 16 Mar 2007, 02:24:44 »
I want to be able to just fill up the whole map with triggers and fight from one side to the other :-)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #18 on: 16 Mar 2007, 08:39:26 »
@myke
CoC had a thing called AI on Demand which did that caching you're talking about..
I don't think they ever really released it for the wider public as a finished product..

Anyway, it's for OFP but you could get the idea on how to do the caching from there..
It's not actually that hard ;)

Lemme see if I can find a link for you..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #19 on: 20 Apr 2007, 21:00:08 »
I've got AI on demand at home on my pc. It was only released as part of a mission. If you look at the BI Forums under OFP/Addons you'll find mapfact's DAC by silola. It also caches units. I'll attach AI on demand to this post when I got home.

Edit: attachment (CoC_AD.zip) lost in the crash of 2009; try this post at the BI forums - WEK
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2011, 00:07:42 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
urp!

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #20 on: 21 Apr 2007, 15:56:35 »
Wow, I had completely forgot about this..  :blink:  :no:

I think I was on this just before my PC went fubar...
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline 70gunner

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 16 Jun 2007, 00:02:33 »
Just a question, when you create a group with the script how to group(ex team = group this) him so to use in other trigger  (ex({not alive _x} count units team) == count units team) run into this and considering to use it in a mission on the whole iland

70gunner

Offline myke13021

• Contributing Member
  • Myke
« Reply #22 on: 24 Jun 2007, 01:12:27 »
A short statement:

As the Dynamic Group Spawner basic idea is based on Mapfact's Dynamic AI Creator (DAC) for OFP and was just intended as interim solution until Mapfact's DAC for ArmA will be released, i will no longer work on it as the DAC seems to be released shortly. It makes no sense for me to work on something what others can do better and more flexible. My greatest respect to the Mapfact Team, specially Silola.

For sure if some questions come up, i will try to provide support as good as i can. And to make it clear: My DGC is free to use, share, extend, improve, shorten and whatever else comes to your mind. I have absolutely no intention to say "it's my work and you have to ask". Use it in whatever way feels comfortable for you.

However, if you have problems with the DGC, feel free to contact me on email.