Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Real_HALO and cratefall (REJECTED)  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
Real_HALO and cratefall (REJECTED)
« on: 10 Feb 2007, 22:00:52 »
The attached file contains updates to 2 OFP scripts, real_HALO.xsqs and cratefall.sqs, that I have updated for use in ArmA v1.02.
Real_HALO.sqs was originally developed by toadlife, and cratefall.sqs was originally developed by Tyger.
Real_HALO.sqs will enable you to perform a realistic HALO jump, and can even be used by AI.
cratefall.sqs will send an ammocrate to the player via parachute, upon a radio call.
Both scripts have been playtested in single player and multiplayer
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2007, 13:52:10 by Mandoble »

Offline Willus_Killus

• Members
Re: Real_HALO and cratefall
« Reply #1 on: 03 Mar 2007, 11:22:03 »
yeah, gd stuff

170th

« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2007, 06:37:52 »
Hi;

Is there a way to activate the whole HALO thing when direct starting in air? not in a vehicle*

Offline Zombie

• Members
    • USI
« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2007, 12:20:56 »
sort of...you have to fake it...

I started everyone in a parachute, then setpos'd the chute way up high so I would have a long freefall time:

make an empty parachute, give it a name like p1, and put this in the init:
Code: [Select]
this flyInHeight 5500;this setpos [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1, 5500]
then take a unit, name it, and put this in it's init:

w1 moveInDriver p1
make sure to put this in your init.sqs:
_units = ["w1","w2","w3","w4","w5","w6","w7","w8","w9","w10","w11","w12","w13"]

{[_x,150,20,500] exec "realhalo.sqs"} foreach _units

The scripts work, but not always very well.  Arma dedi server seems to be a lot different than arma hosted, and I have gotten rather disappointing results on a dedi...so if anyone can help with that..... :dunno:

Offline Strother

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2007, 19:12:24 »
I'm making a mission with this addon and for some reason the "deploy chute" command almost never shows up.  I can still deploy the chute by scrolling off the action menu...One time the deploy chute action popped up correctly, but it didn't work before or since and I havn't changed anything.  Any ideas?

Offline Zombie

• Members
    • USI
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2007, 23:06:52 »
Are you trying it on a dedicated server or local host?  I cannot get it to function on a dedicated myself,but it works when locally hosted.  I am still trying to get that bug hammered out.  The deploy action should only show when you scroll the action menu, but it should come up every time.
  I hope to have this issued hammered out for dedi's soon, because it is really killing one of my missions.  I wish toadlife were still around, it is his script, and he understands it better than anyone

Offline Strother

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2007, 02:02:13 »
No, I'm not on a dedicated server, I'm testing it through the mission editor and MP.  The action just doesn't pop up.  It did once, but that was the only time.