Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Bugs  (Read 29760 times)

Offline Trexian

• Members
Re: OFPEC Bugs
« Reply #60 on: 15 Aug 2008, 14:07:04 »
I'm having some trouble accessing the COMREF since last night.... about 12 hours ago.

I can get to the main "a" page fine, but when I click on any of the letters, I just get a blank page.

Of course, I can't go long without a COMREF surf! :D
Sic semper tyrannosauro.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: 15 Aug 2008, 14:53:21 »
Our elite special forces looked into it and fixed it.    :good:
Thanks for the heads up
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2008, 15:00:13 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #62 on: 15 Aug 2008, 15:41:35 »
 :good:

Whew!

I can now go back to mainlining COMREF! :D
Sic semper tyrannosauro.

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #63 on: 08 Jan 2009, 16:36:02 »
hehe

After going cold turkey for awhile, I'm back to mainlining. :D

I really like the new COMREF style.  BUT... one thing I miss is the ability to scroll through commands.  Particularly in situations where there are multiple uses for a single command/expression, for example "count."  The ability to scroll is good.  Maybe for commands with multiple uses, have them all in one link?

Likewise, where there are a bunch of related commands, like with triggers, to scroll through them was pretty handy.

And, to reveal my inner OFPEC geekdom, sometimes I enjoyed just scrolling through all the commands to see if there was something I'd missed, or that might be useful that I'd never thought of.  (Found "max" and "min" that way.) :D

Anyway, not really bugs, I guess, just more suggestions.  Like the new arrangement though - I can only imagine how much work went into it.   :clap:
Sic semper tyrannosauro.

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #64 on: 03 May 2009, 16:36:04 »
Bugreport COMREF

abs is not listed under type->mathematics

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #65 on: 03 May 2009, 17:43:46 »
Thanks Trapper, it did actually have mathematics listed as type along with another type.

It seems that if a command has more than one type listed it will not be included in either type.
Apparently there must only be the one type listed for it to work........listed now in mathematics.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #66 on: 03 May 2009, 18:42:17 »
Fixed. It was a (lack of) wildcarding issue. The type lists will now display everything properly. Thanks for the heads-up Trapper  :good:

Offline Snake Man

• CWR
  • PMC since 1984
    • PMC Tactical
« Reply #67 on: 16 Jul 2009, 09:02:42 »
I visit OFPEC forums daily, most of the times once a day. Recently it has becoming more and more possible that even if there clearly are new posts in many topics shown by the open laptop icon, the "New Posts" button will not return any topics for me. For example this happened to me today, there were 5 forum sub sections with new posts.

New posts button then offers me chance to see all "unread posts" by clicking the link, THIS link then works as new posts button should have been in the first place.

Bizarre and very annoying.
PMC Tactical. ArmA, ArmA 2, ArmA 3, Falcon 4 and OFP.
http://www.pmctactical.org and http://pmc.editing.wiki
Snake Man, PMC.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #68 on: 16 Jul 2009, 09:36:24 »
I'm not sure I understand completely. The 'New Posts' tab (top right next to 'Your Threads') is a record of all posts made since your last visit. It could be that there are still unread posts from an earlier time, indicated by the laptop icon.

For example, I just clicked on the Arma2 - Editing/Scripting General laptop which indicated new posts, but there was nothing in the list. It said "No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics" which links to a list of new posts from before my last visit.

Offline Snake Man

• CWR
  • PMC since 1984
    • PMC Tactical
« Reply #69 on: 16 Jul 2009, 16:10:38 »
But every time I check new posts, I read the topics that interest me and then click the big "MARK ALL MESSAGES AS READ" so I have no new posts, no unread topics in the forum.

Dunno whats wrong.
PMC Tactical. ArmA, ArmA 2, ArmA 3, Falcon 4 and OFP.
http://www.pmctactical.org and http://pmc.editing.wiki
Snake Man, PMC.

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #70 on: 29 Aug 2009, 19:31:19 »
gday  :)

what is the reason the board does not support 7z:scratch: :dunno:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #71 on: 31 Aug 2009, 22:55:20 »
Basically because we've kept to the zip/rar standards. Most stuff posted to the boards is under 1meg and limited I think to 10 megs.
Xbox Rocks

Offline kju

• Members
« Reply #72 on: 31 Aug 2009, 23:21:35 »
Well 7z is pretty much standard for any site and download page nowadays.  :scratch:

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #73 on: 01 Sep 2009, 01:13:56 »
This is the reason why so many people ask what the heck they need to do with a 7z file I suppose.

Most know what to do with rar or zip, but for many 7z is a mystery.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline kju

• Members
« Reply #74 on: 01 Jan 2010, 15:06:51 »
gday  :)

I am curious if I am the only one with this problem with the OFPEC forum.
i0n0s does not have it from our talk.

The problem is every time I visit the forum, regardless what I do, all threads are marked 'seen' once I leave.
This means hitting "new posts" will show more no more of these items the next time I return - only new posts
after the visit will be.

In contrast every other forum I know, also SMF type, work different.
Here the logic is: "show me all threads with new posts that I have not yet looked at".
So lets say new posts brings up 10, I read one, close and reopen, it shows me still the other 9.
While the OFPEC forum here will no longer show many any of these.

Hope this is understandable.

Anyway this is extremely frustrating and makes the OFPEC forum very hard to use.

At the same time any news on RSS feeds per subforum or adding sensible headers to filter specific
subforums yourself?

PS: SMF 2.0 is RC2 for a while.