OFPEC The Editing Center > Comments & Suggestions

OFPEC Bugs

(1/21) > >>

macguba:
Report bugs and problems in this thread.    Please give as many details as you can.

Duke:
Registration gave me a real problem here unfortunately, hence why I have such a stupid username.

I usually go by Duke but I understand if it's taken. I've tried -Duke- which the registration process won't allow for - which kinda sux but I understand if your stuck with it.

I did however try other usernames such as alterego, d00k, sirapnek, dOOk, Dwoing and futsbuzle to no avail as they are all taken. All in all, I think I tried close to 15 or more nix before I got stuck with n00bem lol.

Anyway, if all the above are taken then I'll need some help removing my foot from my mouth.

Ken.

Planck:
Whilst Duke is indeed taken, alterego is not.

There is an alterego45, but not an alterego.

All the other names you mentioned are also free.

Planck

Duke:
That's what I thought.

I wonder why the site kept on telling me they were already taken?

Artak:
You're probably right, there's something fishy going on, I just can't put my finger on it.

I tried registering alterego, but at first try I got "already exists, try again". I then did a few tests regarding numeric characters in username and/or in displayname, but they all went as they should. After that retried registering alterego and it went fine too.

There might be some complications because the memberbase is imported from YaBB SE forum and if I remember correctly it didn't have Name and Username fields separate.. or something like that. This may cause problems. I'll look into it more, but for the time being I'm not ready to tell the 14 thousand or so members, who've registered to YaBB SE, to register again to our new forum.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version