Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Complete radio transcript (ACCEPTED)  (Read 4267 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Complete radio transcript (ACCEPTED)
« on: 09 Feb 2007, 14:18:16 »
Could someone unpack the radio section of the game and post a full transcript of the radio commands here? Also, any information regarding packing/unpacking and file types.

I don't have the game yet but from what I've heard in vids, the radio sounds even worse than the original. I just wondered how viable it would be to change the whole set of files around.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2007, 13:16:42 by Spooner »
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline messiahua

• Members
  • Son of God
    • Armed Assault Ukraine
Re: Complete radio transcript
« Reply #1 on: 09 Feb 2007, 16:32:58 »
Could someone unpack the radio section of the game and post a full transcript of the radio commands here?
What do you mean? I have the game, but I can't understand what you want. Do you mean voice config or else?
Code: [Select]
//Class config.bin{
class CfgPatches
{
 class CAVoice
 {
  units[] = {};
  weapons[] = {};
  requiredVersion = 0.100000;
  requiredAddons[] = {};
 };
};

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 09 Feb 2007, 16:39:23 »
From the 2nd part of his post, I would conclude that he'd like to hear the radio sounds that come with the game. To check their quality and maybe even to replace them with a sound pack of his own.

Was that correct architect?
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #3 on: 09 Feb 2007, 17:04:51 »
Yeah, kind of.

Remember in normal Flashpoint there were a bunch of .wss files which were the radio sounds. Things like this,

5 etc,

1 o'clock
2 o'clock

tank

go to
rearm at

all that stuff.

I'd like a list of all the similar files in AA.
I don't necessarily want to hear the AA ones as I already have an idea how bad they are. I'd just like a list and some other details so I can figure out how viable a replacement pack would be.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline messiahua

• Members
  • Son of God
    • Armed Assault Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: 09 Feb 2007, 17:12:15 »
Here is archive with dir listing and config
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2007, 22:45:15 by hoz »

Offline Willus_Killus

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2007, 12:43:28 »
they arent THAT bad really

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2009, 03:29:34 »
Here is archive with dir listing and config

in general, the voice.pbo of arma is wrong.

many wss files are missing from individuals. This means you get from time to time, "missing brian/xyz.wss

about 70% of wss fiiles that simply aren't used at all or accessible

about half of the 'personalities' aren't used (or accessible) either. Howard_whisper eg

and the profile accessible names are in error. robert is listed twice, when they probably meant 'eduardo'

none of the wav files are used (and i believe weren't supposed to be there in the release)

all in all one gets the impression that a decision was made to put voices in the 'too hard basket' in order to get ArmA released on time.
Just say no to bugz