Editors Depot - Mission Editing and Scripting > OFP Elite - Editing General

A few question about OFP:E

(1/4) > >>

Doktor Headshot:
Hi all, it's me again, Guido89.
I've made a  mission from the PC and just converted it into xbox format.
I played it (but never finished cause it's soo hard  :D) and I found that there are some tedious problems.
I made a start from a boat that must land near beach and make main player disembark automatically...
Well... In the xbox, the boat walks along a different path from the one shown by the pc and does not make the player to disembark automatically as I wanted, therefore I need every time to eject my self out from the boat and walk a bit in the sea.
Another problem, the most tedious (because of it I cannot finish my mission), deals with saving task.
I've put through certain points of my mission some "savegame" script.
When I die, I push the "retry" button and sometimes it doesn't load the game and make the game crashes and needs to be rebooted.
The same thing happens with the "save"/"load" buttons...
And after I reboot my xbox, savegame is deleted and I need to start my mission again from the beginning...
How to fix this noise problem of saving?

Other questions I'd like to ask are:
- Is there a way to correct the Italian translation (because it is really really really bad and makes me cry every time I read  :confused:)?
- Is there a way to play "Red Hammer" campaign? I'm sure there is because in the loading screen (the copyright one) appears "Red Hammer is a trademark of Bohemia" and stuff like that... Why it should be put if it is not implemented?
- Are there some website where I can get the new music of OFP:E (like the one in the main menu or in the "multiplayer video")?
Thanks for reading...

Guido

hoz:

--- Quote from: Guido89 on 14 Sep 2006, 23:03:07 ---Hi all, it's me again, Guido89.
I've made a  mission from the PC and just converted it into xbox format.
I played it (but never finished cause it's soo hard  :D) and I found that there are some tedious problems.
I made a start from a boat that must land near beach and make main player disembark automatically...
Well... In the xbox, the boat walks along a different path from the one shown by the pc and does not make the player to disembark automatically as I wanted, therefore I need every time to eject my self out from the boat and walk a bit in the sea.

--- End quote ---

I have this problem as well with a boatlanding I just avoided it myself by starting on the shore.

--- Quote ---Another problem, the most tedious (because of it I cannot finish my mission), deals with saving task.
I've put through certain points of my mission some "savegame" script.
When I die, I push the "retry" button and sometimes it doesn't load the game and make the game crashes and needs to be rebooted.
The same thing happens with the "save"/"load" buttons...
And after I reboot my xbox, savegame is deleted and I need to start my mission again from the beginning...
How to fix this noise problem of saving?

--- End quote ---

For this you may need to do alittle research and look through the BI campaign missions and see how BI did it.  I had this same issue with a SP mission I converted, I just ended up getting rid of the saves. It could also be caused by some issue with the way the template is tricked into using the template in the save folder.

--- Quote ---Other questions I'd like to ask are:
- Is there a way to correct the Italian translation (because it is really really really bad and makes me cry every time I read  :confused:)?

--- End quote ---

You can do this by editing the stringtable.cvs file.

--- Quote ---- Is there a way to play "Red Hammer" campaign? I'm sure there is because in the loading screen (the copyright one) appears "Red Hammer is a trademark of Bohemia" and stuff like that... Why it should be put if it is not implemented?

--- End quote ---

Its actually a campaign by Codemasters and most will tell you not a very good one. It could be converted but I think it would be alot of work to do so.  I don't play any SP missions or campaigns so I really can't help you with this.

--- Quote ---- Are there some website where I can get the new music of OFP:E (like the one in the main menu or in the "multiplayer video")?

--- End quote ---

You could copy the sounds.pbo over to your pc and then uncompress, and then use the ogg codec or player to listen to the music.

Hoz

Doktor Headshot:
Hi Hoz  :wave:
I just though about an editing of the stringtable.cvs file and a copying of the sounds.pbo (or maybe music.pbo as in the pc version?) over to my pc but I don't know how to extract both of the files from the OFP:E dvd (my pc dvd-reader reads it as a movie dvd)... And eventually re-transfer 'em on xbox... I know I'm noising you :confused: but... It comes obvious to ask: how can I perform these operations? Many thanks for your patience and for your understanding...

Guido

Denz:
Hi Guido

Transferring the Red Hammer campaign over to the xbox is possible - if you have an xbox with a mod-chip just ftp the campaign into the campaign folder. I did it not so long ago but its really buggy with some missions impossible to play. Otherwise I can't help.

Porting OFP:E's music and sounds to the pc has already been done. Give me a minute and I'll get you the download link.

Ok this link takes you to a page on the BI forum then select the ofp.info mirror (just tested it and that is one thats still working)
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=114ebeb07b1b588ddd85c0e4011ba303;act=ST;f=4;t=52126

I think this is what you were after
Hope this helps
Denz

Doktor Headshot:
Hi Denz  :wave:
Thanks for your suggestions and for linking me exactly where I want to be linked to  :D
Unfortunately there is a missing music inside the .pbo file but it doesn't matter because I found the other ones  :)

Guido

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version