Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Missing In Inaction  (Read 3380 times)

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
(Review Completed) [SP] Missing In Inaction
« on: 27 Aug 2006, 11:24:18 »
File: MissingInInaction.zip (3Meg6)
Version: 1.1R
Requires: OFP:R
Author:  Bremmer
Score:  7
Type:  SP
Addons: MikerosEditor103 200k
Description:  A couple of hours ago two of our men were captured by the Russians. We're sending you in to get them back!
Edited by AvonLady to make it Resistance compatible.

Review:

Author's message: "If you're looking for realism then perhaps this isn't the mission for you. If you want to have a bit of fun and have half an hour to kill then (hopefully) you've come to the right place ;) I originally wrote this mission to poke fun at the avalanche of rescue missions that were being produced, but as I built it I realised why they are so popular - they're damn good fun! This mission still is very tounge-in-cheek, but with a bit of luck you will also find the gameplay quite entertaining as well."

OVERVIEW: Nice overview incorporating a custom picture and good mission description.

INTRO & OUTRO: No frolicking in the back row of the cinema for this flick. If good directing and nice camera angles are the keys to success, then Bremmer appears to have cut his own set of master keys. My only critique is the voices were too quite. I play with Sennheiser headphones that allow me to hear a bug moving 5 km away. But I was struggling to hear and understand the custom made voices files.

BRIEFING: The briefing was detailed and almost had everything expected of today's missions. The missing item was a group listing! I found this surprising and was disappointed to see that blank page.

MISSION: For a tongue-in-cheek mission it's fairly realistic. The first thing I noticed was no update of the retry position after the long flight in. If you die during the first objective you have to sit through the flight all over again. Other than that everything played smoothly. The enemy are well placed and eager to shoot a few Yanks. Bravo squad are there to help with this objective but don't worry about calling them in or them running in without you. They will proceed after you do. I got the feeling the leader of Bravo was happy to let me do all the hard work, then run in and take all the glory. ;) As the mission progressed I was enjoying it more and more. Good scripting enhanced the mission's playability while adding to the difficulty. One thing that seemed a little strange to me was a Hind patrolling the area but doing nothing about my squad shooting all his comrades. First time around I shot him out of the sky but the following times I just let him watch the killing. Which is a rather big flaw. There isn't much more I can say without revealing too much of the storyline so download it now and see for yourself. I will say that it's no walk in the park. So if you've been playing a while you should enjoy this mission.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2009, 01:23:28 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
Just say no to bugz

Offline MattyDienhoff

• Members
Re: Missing In Action by Bremmer
« Reply #1 on: 09 Feb 2007, 07:03:20 »
Good mission, I enjoyed this one, it was nice and challenging. Well made.

But... the title is "Missing in Inaction", not "Missing in Action".  ;)

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: Missing In Action by Bremmer
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2007, 18:15:26 »
cant get download????>:(

EDIT
Cheetah, checked this a few times over and over , no luck  :confused:
yes please check;    http://andrew.nf/ofp/missions/MissingInAction.zip
« Last Edit: 07 May 2009, 01:27:09 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
Semper Fi

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: Missing In Inaction by Bremmer
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2007, 23:05:53 »
Will look into the download URL.

Corrected mission title. (Missing in Action -> Missing in Inaction)

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available, with required addon, from the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2009, 01:28:22 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!