Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mission Depot Is Active, Yipeeee!  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
Mission Depot Is Active, Yipeeee!
« on: 05 Sep 2006, 22:57:44 »
Glad to see the mission depot is working. Now I have to finish up the mission I've been working on for over a year. :D Will the addon depot be working soon? The links to addons (in the Mission Depot) are not working because the Addon Depot is still non-existent.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Mission Depot Is Active, Yipeeee!
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2006, 23:14:27 »
Sorry Raptorsaurus, we are not yet planning to resurrect the Addons Depot any time soon, maybe in the future, but we have more urgent things to do in the meantime.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2006, 23:41:11 »
Raptosaurus,

You could make a non-addon version of the mission aswell ;)

Although, check websites such as www.opflashpoint.org, www.ofp.gamepark.cz, www.flashpoint1985.com etc for working addons links.

Look forward to seeing the mission in the BETA Missions Boards  :thumbsup:

Rhys
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2006, 19:54:13 by Planck »
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 06 Sep 2006, 02:15:40 »
What about Mikero's site, he generally provides addon mirrors IIRC.

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #4 on: 06 Sep 2006, 02:39:29 »
It is just so convenient to have the mission and all the addons at one site. My mission needs the addons because some of the addons are integral to the plot. You are FO for a Tomahawk strike. Also, it uses my invisible dead body marker addons. You have to hide bodies of enemies you kill or else they can be found and the alarms will be raised. Anyway, I will submitt the addons to sites that host addons, my bigest concern is the existing missions with dead links to addons that were in the addons depot.

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 06 Sep 2006, 05:52:13 »
What about Mikero's site, he generally provides addon mirrors IIRC.

XCess, I cant remember them all now can I   :good: *Runs to Batmobile*

@Rapto
It is just so convenient to have the mission and all the addons at one site.
I/We understand your frustration, but please bear with us.

RE: Non-Addon Version Of Mission.
It was only a possible solution. Dont want you to think that your mission wasnt worth it!
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 06 Sep 2006, 11:42:08 »
At present the long term plan is to strengthen the links between the Missions Depot and the Addons Depot, so yes, hopefully we will host all the addons for all the missions that we host.   

This does raise complications - for instance all the addons we host will have to meet minimum standards, such as having OFP tags.    (This will mean that the mission's addons will not cause conflicts with addons already in your addons folder.)    These standards are likely to rise significantly when ArmA comes along.    So if you want your mission to be hosted at ofpec, only use top quality addons.     

The objective of the Missions depot is not necessarily to be the biggest mission repositary for ArmA, although we would like to be.   The objective is to be the best.   That means missions that work with addons that work.

We have much to do to rebuild ofpec and its obviously necessary to prioritise.   The addons depot was the least active before the crash and is also the heaviest depot in terms of things like bandwidth.    Consequently the missions, editors and intel depots have been given a higher priority.

We are working on a resources board for the Editors Depot in the similar way to the Missions Depot and it will be launched when its ready.  The timescale is currently being measured in weeks (rather than days or months).
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

PetriHonka

« Reply #7 on: 06 Sep 2006, 20:34:26 »
the missions depot really helps me (and others i'm sure) as it gives a review so i know whether it's worth downloading or not.