Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Unpack|Pack PBO's?  (Read 7047 times)

Diatribal

Unpack|Pack PBO's?
« on: 09 Aug 2006, 02:51:30 »
Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if many people are still using this forum, however if they are, I have a question...  ???

I'm currently trying to very simply edit the existing textures in Flashpoint : Elite, I have managed to unpack the necessary PBO (Operation Flashpoint Elite\dta\Data.pbo) and have managed to get the textures into photoshop, amend them and save them (correctly). However, When I re-pack the Data folder back to a PBO and transfer it back to the Xbox, it causes the game not too load?! (It gets stuck on the "Loading" screen. I am pretty much 99% certain that this is because I'm using the wrong PBO packer that is somehow not compatible with the Xbox (although when I re-pack it's exactly the same size as the original, as I have have kept the same filenames etc, just amended the graphics in a few files).

If there is anyone here who can help me to be able to successfully re-pack PBO's for the Xbox, I'd be eternally grateful!

Also, I know this is a very long shot... but does anyone know if the absolutely excellent Ballistic Studio addons (Blackhawks etc) are transferable to the Xbox? Again, I can get them into the Xbox, get flashpoint working, but when I try to play a mission with the added content, it just causes the game to crash?  :'( I suspect the textures are of too high quality or that there's simply too much going on within' the PBO's?

Hope you soldiers can help?!  ;)

"Semper Fi!"

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: Unpack|Pack PBO's?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Aug 2006, 04:55:30 »
I'm usin Mikero's pbo tool for the xbox. But any pbo packer should work as long as its not using compression. Prior to that I was using PBOPatcher09.

As for the BAS stuff, I had a bit of trouble trying to get the vehicles in game as well.  Bless over in the BI forums has had lots of success getting addons in game.

Hoz
Xbox Rocks

Diatribal

« Reply #2 on: 09 Aug 2006, 11:24:08 »
I'm usin Mikero's pbo tool for the xbox. But any pbo packer should work as long as its not using compression. Prior to that I was using PBOPatcher09.

As for the BAS stuff, I had a bit of trouble trying to get the vehicles in game as well.  Bless over in the BI forums has had lots of success getting addons in game.

Hoz

Thank you so much for your prompt response Hoz, I really appreciate it!

Hmmm, that's strange, I'm using PBOPatcher09 to pack the files, but they're not working once transfered back to the Xbox? I did read on BI's Wikipedia site (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Pbo_File_Format) that Flashpoint Elite's PBO files are juust slightly different from the PC version, so I'm wondering if that's why I can't get them to re-pack? I'm only altering a PAC file (changing it's colour as a test) keeping the filename exactly the same and then re-packing back into the Data PBO? Should work in theory, but for some reason it's not?!  ???

I'm wondering if I could take an existing Blackhawk out of the game, alter it's textures (make it black!  ;) ) and then create it as an addon? I'm not sure how to create addons though? Again, I think I'll come up against the PBO pack problem again?!

Yeah, I think with the BAS stuff there's just way too much goin' on with their addons, I'm sure it can be done, but I suspect you'd have to make some major changes to the script files?!

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 09 Aug 2006, 17:04:36 »
I would stroll over to the BI forums and check out the thread from Bless, also check out the Porting PC Missions to the Xbox. Bless seems to be the authority on addons on the Xbox. Looking at his list I would say that he hasn't ported that BAS addon over so he may have good reason.

Hoz
Xbox Rocks

Diatribal

« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2006, 12:43:29 »
Thanks alot Hoz, I appreciate your advice!  ;D

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 10 Aug 2006, 14:54:46 »
No problem, let us know what you find out either way. I'd be interested to know what the stumbling block is.

Hoz
Xbox Rocks