Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How do i......  (Read 4458 times)

jcbhotshot

How do i......
« on: 29 May 2006, 17:22:30 »
I was always wondering if it was possible on the xbox version to:

make people put there hands behind there head.

Or just somehow have prisoners without wepons.

If anyone can help i will be grateful. Or if you have anything else you could add thanks  :) :) :) :) 8)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: How do i......
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2006, 19:35:43 »
I don't beleive its possible to do this in Elite without first creating it on the PC version and then porting the mission over to the xbox.
Xbox Rocks

jcbhotshot

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2006, 22:31:12 »
thank you ;D

Offline Ornament

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jun 2006, 22:57:35 »
I have an action replay (8meg) on a standard XBOX and look forward to playing this more. I've finished all the missions in both campaigns and had a go at designing missions but not very good.

I'm a bit confused as to how I change my name etc in the saves to get them to work on my XBOX etc, and download PC maps too. Is this possible on  standar XBOX? Also I rea that I cannot play the maps that I can get from codemasters and transer to my XBOX, I'm a bit confused to say the least.

Is there a OFP:E clan bassed on this site I could join to ask questions etc and play some games with on LIVE, I'm quite competent at flying, driving, shooting, enjoy the team work style play etc. in fact I really enjoy flying helicoptors, not to say I'm great at it though.

Hope to play with some of you soon and maybe try some of the missions and PC ported missions which sounds great, never thought that would happen.

I also have the game on PC, but don't like the mouse/keyboard system as I'm really a console player.

Ornament
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2006, 23:00:40 by Ornament »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jun 2006, 02:51:37 »
I'm a bit confused as to how I change my name etc in the saves to get them to work on my XBOX etc, and download PC maps too. Is this possible on  standar XBOX? Also I rea that I cannot play the maps that I can get from codemasters and transer to my XBOX, I'm a bit confused to say the least.

What you need to do is use the changeuser.exe program to change the username of the save. You need to unzip the save, plunk the changeuser.exe into the final folder and then run changeuser USERNAME.  Probably the easiest way is to create a new profilename called ARmissions, most saves use this profilename.

Is there a OFP:E clan bassed on this site I could join to ask questions etc and play some games with on LIVE, I'm quite competent at flying, driving, shooting, enjoy the team work style play etc. in fact I really enjoy flying helicoptors, not to say I'm great at it though.

There aren't any clans that I know of, but that could be because I live in a sheltered world  :D

Xbox Rocks

Offline Ornament

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jun 2006, 11:02:08 »
Thanx hoz,

I get my copy of the game back at the weekend so I'll give it a go, sounds simple enough.

Thanx.

Offline Ornament

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jun 2006, 01:47:18 »
I've just played an AR mission where myself and my team arrived to the battlefield in a helicoptor!!! I've tried waypoint etc to do this but cannot start in a vehicle with AI driving/flying?

Is this possible and if so how as its a great idea.

Thanx.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jun 2006, 04:06:16 »
Which mission? I think this is becuase the groups are joined when they arrive via helo and unless your the leader of the second group you get bumped for leader and therefore can't assign orders there's only one mission where this occurs. maybe I'm miss understanding are you trying to create your own mission or playing one out of the pack I made?

Hoz
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ornament

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jun 2006, 15:31:50 »
I'm trying to create a co-op mission I can play online.

The mission I've seen it in is "NATO-3_THE PUSH", its an ARMISSION. I've tried to edit it but when I try there is nothing to edit?

I have tried to put the insertion on top of a western helo (Not Empty), but that doesn't seem to work. I can get it to start in a vehicle in the "Basic" version, but not any other versions :(

The only thing I can do at the moment is bring a helo in and dissembark teh crew and take control that way. I would like to start in a helo with AI pilots who then unload me and me friends at the drop zone if possible.

Maybe the starting in a helo was done on a PC and then converted? I have the PC game, is it easy to do?

Thanx, would like to be able to arrive in a boat too.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 25 Jun 2006, 17:08:17 »
It should be noted that all of those missions are created with the PC editor and then exported over to the Xbox.

Hoz
Xbox Rocks