Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: vehicles in planes  (Read 2154 times)

Offline dodgeman55

• Members
  • no, not the car brand!
vehicles in planes
« on: 29 Jul 2006, 17:15:48 »
i see some plane addons, like a C-130 hercules, boast that they can transport vehicles, but how?
think outside the box, and blow it up

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: vehicles in planes
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2006, 19:26:58 »
 ???
Do you mean how it can be used in missions so that you can drive a vehicle in it, or what they have done with the model and scripting etc?
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline dodgeman55

• Members
  • no, not the car brand!
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2006, 13:38:49 »
i dont know!
the readme just says stuff like '...with the ability to transport units and vehicles...' etc etc

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2006, 17:43:24 »
I know that there's a few addons out there that support that feature. The Hercules addon can indeed load a jeep or something like that, and it works.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline dodgeman55

• Members
  • no, not the car brand!
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2006, 18:32:00 »
but how?

bigdog632

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2006, 17:40:05 »
i believe its done through scripting....but im neither an addon make nor a scripter if you ask in that forum though they may tell you
the BAS chinook could "strap" down certain vehicles inside it though a menu when yoiu got close enough

able1

« Reply #6 on: 02 Aug 2006, 16:52:18 »
 i tryd to drive  a car into a plane, it went well but then when i tryd to take off the car wasnt in the plane so  ???

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: 02 Aug 2006, 17:38:43 »
I suggest you read the readmes that come with each addon. I believe the scripting is fairly limited ; only certain vehicles that are coded into the aircraft can be "strapped in". For instance with the BAS addon, you can put up to ten KLR 250 bikes into the back of the Chinook, or a single normal Jeep. This is done by driving up the ramp and, when in the appropriate location, an action will appear that will allow you to "lock cargo down".

Anyway, read the readmes, boyos. If they don't give ya instructions, then well...  8)

/Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
« Reply #8 on: 03 Aug 2006, 15:36:18 »
in some cases this is done by loading a gamelogic with a "model" configged to it, into the cargo space of a vehicle

so if the vehicle can load say a hmmwv, there will be a model of a hummvee attached to a humvee logic, which is used to represent the vehicle inside the aircraft. The actual vehicle may then be deleted or setpossed ready for recreation, re setpossing once the cargo is unloaded, via user/addactions
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123