Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MandoAir - Air units support scripts tutorial mission  (Read 9751 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
MandoAir tutorial mission v1.1

The file contains a mission ready to play and a folder with the mission and the scripts for the editor.

---------------
For OFP 1.96
Nogova map (use original as some buildings IDs are used)
NO ADDONS NEEDED.

This mission and its intro demostrate:

mandosentry2.sqs: New anti-armour device deployed by air units (explosive and chemical).

mandoairstrike.sqs: Accurate air strikes setting an array of targets.

mandoairstrikeauto.sqs: Close Air Support, only the CAS position is needed, the planes select targets by their own.

mandoheliroute.sqs: No range limit for helicopter moves, landing just where you want, no need of helipads anymore.

mandoscramble.sqs: Planes taking off without runaways.

mandoland.sqs (BETA): Planes landing without runaways.

NOTE: From the editor, activate the markers and check the blue ones, they are good tips.

----------------------------------------------------------------

MandoAir2, Close Air Support in detail

The file contains a mission ready to play and a folder with the mission and the scripts for the editor.

MandoAir2 air support scripts second tutorial mission (Close Air Support in detail)
By Mandoble

For OFP 1.96
NO ADDONS NEEDED.

This mission demostrates:
mandocasinit.sqs <- Initializes CAS arrays for each side (*)
mandocasmapset.sqs <- Enable CAS requests by clicking on map with Shift or Alt keys pressed. (**)
mandocasmapcall.sqs <- Processes a click on map for CAS requests
mandocasmapset.sqs <- CAS request (**)
mandocivcas.sqs <- Controls civilian side CAS planes while not assigned to any CAS mission
mandoeastcas.sqs <- Controls east side CAS planes while not assigned to any CAS mission
mandorescas.sqs <- Controls resistance side CAS planes while not assigned to any CAS mission
mandowestcas.sqs <- Controls west side CAS planes while not assigned to any CAS mission

mandoairstrikeauto.sqs <- Takes control of a plane once it is assigned to a CAS mission
mandocasend.sqs <- Executed by mandoairstrikeauto.sqs when CAS mission ends, marks the plane
                   as available for more CAS missions.
bigbombs.sqs <- Spawns free fall bombs, used by mandoairstrikeauto.sqs to perform freefall bombs attacks.

(*): You only need to execute this and then any (or both) of the (**)

NOTE: From the editor, activate the markers and check the blue ones, they are good tips. Check mission's init.sqs, it has all you need to setup to be able to request CAS missons.
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2006, 11:19:28 by Mandoble »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Re: MandoAir - Air units support scripts tutorial mission
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jul 2006, 10:39:56 »
mandoland.sqs had a switchCamera "EXTERNAL" that messed up the cameras in the mission. You may comment that line or download the new version. Link above updated.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2006, 23:27:35 »
these are very nice, I was wondering if you could help me with a problem im haveing with an Air support type script of my own.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2006, 23:38:59 »
Which problem?

EDIT: Penguinman, I missed your problem was not related to mandoair scripts but related to a script by your own. Please, PM me with the problem or just post it in the general or advanced script threads.
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2006, 23:46:54 by Mandoble »

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul 2006, 01:09:08 »
yes I will thank you.

BTW, it seems like mandoheliroute causes the helecopters to crash a little more often then normal

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jul 2006, 01:18:34 »
Not a single crash so far with mandoheliroute. Do you mean crashing when landing?

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jul 2006, 01:55:28 »
yes

when landing it circles counterclockwise sometimes and hits trees and stuff.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jul 2006, 02:10:17 »
At this point there is no way to know wether there are trees or nor nearby, but you may avoid this by setting the flying height well higher than the trees near the landing point. The helicopter will turn clock or counterclockwise to aim to the descending point, if flying height is too low, they may hit tall buindings or trees when turning or when aproaching the descending point. Third argument of mandoheliroute controls flyingheight (unless you set it to -1).

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jul 2006, 03:12:57 »
ok, it seems like it goes into a counterclockwise spin going in ever widening circles until it hits somthing but that is rare, only
about 3 out of the 20 or so times i tried it

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jul 2006, 00:59:47 »
MandoAir2, Close Air Support (CAS) in detail tutorial mission and scripts added, check first post of this topic.

You may set up CAS groups for every side, then you may request support by clicking on map or by radio.

No addons needed.

Offline Thomas G Vorm

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 19 Oct 2006, 01:38:20 »
Hey Mandoble,
    I just had a thought about mandoairstrike. I'm wrapping up my mission and I have two bombers set up just like yours in your sample missions. They start in air enroute to a hold waypoint and wait for a radio trigger to find my pos. I was just thinking though, if the player takes awhile getting through the mission and doesn't call the bombers for awhile, will they ever run out of fuel? If they do, is there a loop I could insert? It would probably take a novice player about 30-45 minutes to complete the mission.

Python1

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 19 Oct 2006, 01:58:34 »
You may put your planes in the runaway (if they tend to takeoff automatically, set their initial fuel to 0), then when you call them by radio set their fuel to 1, they might have a single waypoint, into its activation field execute the mandoairstrike script.

If you want to have them in air all the time, you may run a simple script with a simple loop this way:
Code: [Select]
;refuel.sqs
;
;Array of planes
_planes = _this select 0
#refuel
"_x setFuel 1" forEach _planes
~20
goto "refuel"

Execute it with the array of planes you want to fly "forever" (notice the double [[]])

[[plane1,plane2,plane3]]exec"refuel.sqs"

Offline Thomas G Vorm

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 19 Oct 2006, 02:06:28 »
Perfect. Thanks alot. :good:

Python1

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 19 Oct 2006, 02:11:35 »
Of course, you can use also mandoscramble.sqs to start everything  ;)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 27 Jan 2008, 19:29:19 »
Mandoland.sqs v1.0

;Mandoland.sqs v1.0
;By Mandoble
;
;
;
;Forces any plane to land
;AI doesn't need runaways anymore ;)
;
;Arguments:
;plane to land
;aproximate position to land
;plane heading when landing
;parking plane after landing true/false
;parking position
;
; [plane1, getMarkerPos "mk_land", 180, false, [0,0,0]] exec "mandoland.sqs"

Offline zwobot

• Members
« Reply #15 on: 13 Apr 2008, 16:59:09 »
Is the mandoland.sqs script multiplayer compatible?
"Executing tactics in real combat is the hardest thing one can ever do...well I've never given birth but..well whatever."

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #16 on: 13 Apr 2008, 18:17:40 »
Yes, as long as you make sure to execute it only there where the plane is local.

Offline zwobot

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 14 Apr 2008, 09:02:48 »
Okay, cool.
So I should not execute it in an onActivation field of a waypoint or trigger? Or if I do so would I have to check in the script
?not(local name_of_the_ai_plane_to_land) : exit?
"Executing tactics in real combat is the hardest thing one can ever do...well I've never given birth but..well whatever."

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 14 Apr 2008, 13:29:55 »
You may use a trigger, which ensures the execution everywhere, and then, inside the script, proceed as your example, if not local, exit. This way the script will be executed only there where the vehicle is local each time (note that locality might change during the game).

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #19 on: 12 Sep 2008, 23:38:01 »
I've had problems with the air strike script near mountains. When I call the jet it just leaves the area again, as if it can't find a ingress or egress pint.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Kendo J

• Members
  • Britain Has more varieties of cheese than France
« Reply #20 on: 22 Sep 2008, 12:27:26 »
I am using Mandoheliroute.sqs for control of helo's doing different jobs. I chose this for a dynamic mission on AEC islands and so it is not a one off useage but has multiple uses at anytime

firstly it is suited well to my own insertion/extraction scripts as I already had a separate move script from landing and disembarking so I just replaced this with heliroute.sqs.

But two of the other functions I have heli's doing in my mission are delivering vehicles via a vehicle transport script and delivering troops via parachute.

Originally the para helo's had 3 waypoints, a move, S&D and a cycle. These were moved via [groupOne, 1] setWPPos getPos "logicOne" etc....

the first WP was to move over the target area "CARELESS" to parachute the troops, the S&D was then after the parachute to provide CAS for ground units.

At the moment the helo's just deliver the parachutes and then when they reach the mandoheliroute destination they are deleted.

Here are my questions........

Is it possible to exit Mandoheliroute.sqs after the transport is complete and then go and engage the enemy becoming a CAS mission?

Can the vehicle transport helo's hover above the target to drop the vehicle then land and unload troops via mandoheliroute.sqs?

The last question may not be essential as i can have the vehicles dropped after the heli reaches a certain height after landing has been initiated, but other suggestions are welcomed.

regards
Kendo

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #21 on: 24 Sep 2008, 00:40:32 »
1 - Yes, as soon as mandoheliroute finishes a route, the chopper is freed so you can use it for anything else.
2 - The only way to do that would be to modify the current code, check when the chopper is starting the landing sequence via mando heliroute, and just then drop the cargo (vehicle) while mandoheliroute proceeds with the rest of the landing sequence.

Offline Kendo J

• Members
  • Britain Has more varieties of cheese than France
« Reply #22 on: 24 Sep 2008, 11:32:37 »
1 - Yes, as soon as mandoheliroute finishes a route, the chopper is freed so you can use it for anything else.

Good because that is what I have been working with using Mandoheliroute for the same chopper twice in one fight plan

2 - The only way to do that would be to modify the current code, check when the chopper is starting the landing sequence via mando heliroute, and just then drop the cargo (vehicle) while mandoheliroute proceeds with the rest of the landing sequence.

So simple it is genius.

Regards
Kendo

Offline guziczek101

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 07 Sep 2011, 14:47:08 »
I know, i know but someone have this script?? Sorry for digging up the past