Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Military Police  (Read 1638 times)

Victor1234

Military Police
« on: 04 Jul 2006, 23:56:47 »
The idea came to me as I was playing some WW2 mods, there seems to be a distinct lack of military police for the modern age. The OFP: Resistance cops are nice for the civilians and all, but it seems rather strange why there are no MP's for the Americans, and I guess militia(police) for the Russians(not sure if they have military police or not). So, if anyone is up to it....how about putting MP on a helmet and an armband with the same MP again, on a regular West side soldier....

Offline Patrick Reckitt

• Members
Re: Military Police
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jul 2006, 20:11:00 »
At the moment there are German MPs in the BW mod with MP jeeps, in the UKF, you can change thier beret colour to red and there are RMP jeeps.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jul 2006, 21:26:16 »
Those don't really mix well with BIS stock units though...

However, no AddOns needed at all, you just make the MP patch texture (and save it as *.pac or *.paa) and put it into your mission folder, then you select BIS stock soldier and put in it's init field (in the editor) the following 'code':
Code: [Select]
this setObjectTexture [0,"yourTextureName"]
Of course that makes the patch appear only on the arm of the soldier, but it's better than nothing..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2006, 00:42:57 »
I never knew the stock BIS guys had editable textures too... I found that the URAL and PSV had some editable textures, but never continued experimenting  ::)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion